+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 814 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327727 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 8138
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    SALAMI!! It's SO bad for you, but yum
    All the white stuff in salami is fat.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    oh let me jsut cut you off for a second....

So very few movies are technically original. They are all based off something else. books, remakes, etc.

So while I agree that there isn't alot of creativity, I think the combination of poor literature with bad directors and actors is your real gripe. lol

If you go find all the best rated, top grossing etc, movies of all time, you'll find that they are all based on books, other films, etc.

There are a few exceptions like Toy Story & such, but for the most part, they are all from books.

Plus, like I said, I consider the redford Gatsby as ok, but not stellar. I think it can definitely be improved upon.
    Not the point I'm making.
    Remakes are generally pathetic attempts to glom onto a known film to enhance the box office.
    From a movie-goers perspective....They've been done already. I want something new to see. Not just a remake of something that I've already seen and is probably not as good as the original anyway.

Three biggest problems with Hollywood:

1. Remakes
    2. Movies from old TV shows
    3. A bunch of pampered "children of former stars" in all the movies. (Nepotism run amuck!)
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Remakes are generally pathetic attempts to glom onto a known film to enhance the box office.
    From a movie-goers perspective....They've been done already. I want something new to see. Not just a remake of something that I've already seen and is probably not as good as the original anyway.

1. Remakes
    3. A bunch of pampered "children of former stars" in all the movies. (Nepotism run amuck!)
    I agree with those things except it's not a given that the originals are better.

I mean, that's my main issue with people of your generation, no offense. "you had the best of everything! it will never be as good!!" in 2013, we call that closeminded.
    I'm not saying a remake is going to revolutionize cinema as we know it....but by would you just assume that a modern adaptation of one of the greatest books of all time, is going to be bad?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    All the white stuff in salami is fat.
    I know..hence the "It's SO bad for you".

I agree with those things except it's not a given that the originals are better.

I mean, that's my main issue with people of your generation, no offense. "you had the best of everything! it will never be as good!!" in 2013, we call that closeminded.
    I'm not saying a remake is going to revolutionize cinema as we know it....but by would you just assume that a modern adaptation of one of the greatest books of all time, is going to be bad?
    If they remade KillBill I'd be pissed.
    Its not my generation I'm talking about. Its the fact that so many films are remakes.
    There may be fewer great films today but that's mostly because they don't make as many films as they used to.
    "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" was very good. (But I only saw the German version)
    Saving Private Ryan, and ANY Terantino film. Many good films these days. Just be original...that's all.
    Get well soon 80.

1. Remakes
    This is my biggest problem with movies nowadays. I rarely even attend.

I'll give you a prime example of an unoriginal money machine: Tim Burton.

Most of his movies are Disney classics, he just gets notable stars to play them, and enhances the visual effects. But the story line is average at best.
    I can't stand him, not one bit.

I feel like nowadays, in order to have a successful movie you need:
    1. An old classic
    2. 3D
    3. A bad plot, but nice visuals. See Avatar.

EDIT: There seems to be no originality when it comes to movies nowadays. I know it's hard since everyone has produced everything under the sun, but don't expect me to pay $12.95 for a movie ticket.

As for Gatsby, it's one of my favorite books, and I LOVEDDD the original film. I would normally gag at remakes to a classic book such as that, but Leonardo Dicaprio is in it, and as far as I'm concerned..he's never been in a bad movie..not one that I could think of.
    Last edited by Rudyy; 04-22-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Its not my generation I'm talking about. Its the fact that so many films are remakes.
    There may be fewer great films today but that's mostly because they don't make as many films as they used to.
    "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" was very good. (But I only saw the German version)
    Saving Private Ryan, and ANY Terantino film. Many good films these days. Just be original...that's all.
    A prequel to KillBill would be sick. But Bills dead in real life. Accidentally choked himself masturbating in Bangkok.
    I always wished they showed Pai Mei teaching Kiddo the 5 point exploding heart technique, or showed more of him training her.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    A prequel to KillBill would be sick. But Bills dead in real life. Accidentally choked himself masturbating in Bangkok.
    I always wished they showed Pai Mei teaching Kiddo the 5 point exploding heart technique, or showed more of him training her.
    lol her name is The Bride.....or beatrice(beatrix?)
    Oderint Dum Metuant

you did name some good original ones fo sho.

for the record, both version of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" were very good.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

lol her name is The Bride.....or beatrice(beatrix?)
    Breatrixx Kiddo was her name.
    Last edited by dezzzR; 04-22-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!