+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 814 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348748 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 8133
    I reference this chart usually lol

Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    yeah I think your right...here's what I found... authentic Delmonico steak is the first 3" steak cut from the chuck eye...and that's all greek to me.. I know nothing about meat cutting the Delmonico is a bit tougher than the rib eye and a little more fatty...which I don't mind
    There's a lot of contradictory accounts of the first Delmonico. I read an account that it was a 3" thick strip loin. However, generally speaking (and I'm basing this on my 16 years cooking experience, and equally as many eating at steakhouses, lol) that Delmonico is generally meant to mean a specific cut of ribeye.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I reference this chart usually lol

What the heck is plate? I worked as a meat wrapper for years and never heard of this.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    There's a lot of contradictory accounts of the first Delmonico. I read an account that it was a 3" thick strip loin. However, generally speaking (and I'm basing this on my 16 years cooking experience, and equally as many eating at steakhouses, lol) that Delmonico is generally meant to mean a specific cut of ribeye.
    yeah I think you are right...at any rate the ones I have been getting are damn tasty for a descent price....I'm not a fan of the leaner cuts...that cut suits me pretty good....My wife on the other hand doesn't mind round..to dry for me...Hamburg steak is better than that stuff maybe Hamburg steak is round...Idk

Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    What the heck is plate? I worked as a meat wrapper for years and never heard of this.
    Oddly enough you get the flank steaks from the plate and skirts from the flank.

All-Pro
    all right now I'm gonna have to have a steak for supper

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    all right now I'm gonna have to have a steak for supper
    Was thinking about having a steak earlier, but the wife wanted pizza, so pizza it is.

Was thinking about having a steak earlier, but the wife wanted pizza, so pizza it is.

All-Pro
    yeah since it was my idea the wife thinks I ought to cook it.....went with porterhouse for myself sirloin tip for the wife " she don't like any fat" spinach, and mashed followed by a nap then the draft

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I ain't too proud to beg, lol.