+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 814 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370770 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 8136
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Yo Rudy, my professor is making us read an excerpt of Daniel Pink's "A whole new mind" or something and it is comparing IQ vs. EQ like you were talking about awhile ago. Man, it's interesting. It's exactly what we are talking about...
    I might have to read that also.

EQ is becoming a hot topic in the world of Psychology, it's not the first time it's been brought up, but it's becoming popular. I certainly think my EQ is much MUCH higher than my IQ LOL partly because I'm female, and females pay more attention to emotions and ****.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    By "medieval history" you mean "Guinness", right?
    lol

hello Flip

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I might have to read that also.

EQ is becoming a hot topic in the world of Psychology, it's not the first time it's been brought up, but it's becoming popular. I certainly think my EQ is much MUCH higher than my IQ LOL partly because I'm female, and females pay more attention to emotions and ****.
    Thre is a psychologist in CT. that made a test comparable to the SAT, it's called the Rainbow pROJECT and you get pictures and you have to write captions for them.

Also, you get a series of pictures and you must write a dialogue.

It tests your EQ and they said it has been more effective and students are more successful with a better grade on it.

So sick.

I get really intimidated by my finance exams. I'll see long questions with a bunch of financial data and I freak out. That probably means i shouldn't even be a math major.... or a finance major...

But I just like more condensed forms of questions. I guess that I could learn that skill and condense it myself before tackling it.
    Are you comfortable with your knowledge of the material? If so, just take a breath and know that you've got it.

I know I had issues in my Italian Renaissance class as an undergrad. We'd have 3 essay questions like, "Discuss the political and economic developments of Venice from it's founding until 1860." On top of that the short answer questions would be like, "Discuss the significance of the Guelphs and Ghibellines on the political development of Florence."

I didn't do to well on the first two exams, as I got caught up on the short answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Are you comfortable with your knowledge of the material? If so, just take a breath and know that you've got it.

I know I had issues in my Italian Renaissance class as an undergrad. We'd have 3 essay questions like, "Discuss the political and economic developments of Venice from it's founding until 1860." On top of that the short answer questions would be like, "Discuss the significance of the Guelphs and Ghibellines on the political development of Florence."

I didn't do to well on the first two exams, as I got caught up on the short answers.
    I might have bad studying habits. We have a questions heet and I just do the questions over and over believing i'll be able to remember the steps on calculating one number from very multiple steps.

Really no conception, and I think I might just have to start thinking that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    By "medieval history" you mean "Guinness", right?
    No, like Ruaidri Ua Conhobair. And earlier to which extent it's possible.
    Last edited by Drez; 04-29-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Thre is a psychologist in CT. that made a test comparable to the SAT, it's called the Rainbow pROJECT and you get pictures and you have to write captions for them.

Also, you get a series of pictures and you must write a dialogue.

It tests your EQ and they said it has been more effective and students are more successful with a better grade on it.

So sick.
    Could this potentially be a test for mental illness?..Hmm...think about it.

Anyway, that's pretty interesting. The only hard thing about EQ is that it's not empirical, and it's hard to measure, but at the same time we all have it as use it each and everyday without even knowing what the heck it is or how it's beneficial to us.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Side note: I feel like I have pneumonia and I don't have health insurance.... Am I ****ed?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    No, like Ruaidri Ua Conhobairnd. And earlier to which extent it's possible.
    I've studied a LOT of the Industrial Revolution. I could write a freaking book about it if I want to.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Side note: I feel like I have pneumonia and I don't have health insurance.... Am I ****ed?
    Yes.

You will die, and you are going straight to hell.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.