+ Reply to Thread
Page 273 of 814 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373773 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 8136
  1. #2721
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Oh my, finally finished my paper that is due next week. I just have to finish the bibliography and write a conclusion.

    What is an effective way to write the conclusion. Re-summarizing the introduction is so wrong to me, never felt like that was the right way to do it, no matter what people said. Wish I could finish this with a bang.

  2. #2722
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Oh my, finally finished my paper that is due next week. I just have to finish the bibliography and write a conclusion.What is an effective way to write the conclusion. Re-summarizing the introduction is so wrong to me, never felt like that was the right way to do it, no matter what people said. Wish I could finish this with a bang.
    Just wrap up your thoughts..you don't necessarily have to repeat the crap you wrote, but yeah.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  3. #2723
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Just wrap up your thoughts..you don't necessarily have to repeat the crap you wrote, but yeah.
    Yeah, I hate wrapping up my thoughts, the worst part of it. Makes me feel like I am reiterating what I said in other words.. guess that is exactly what it is.

  4. #2724
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Yeah, I hate wrapping up my thoughts, the worst part of it. Makes me feel like I am reiterating what I said in other words.. guess that is exactly what it is.
    Wrapping up your thoughts, and summarizing your point are very different. Summarizing your points are too elementary, and unfortunately such systematic writing dominates the education system. But in good writing, specifically nonfiction writing, you want to head for the nearest exit as soon as you feel you've aptly provided your facts/points.

    Since you're only concerned about the ending at this point, I'll assume you've presented everything. That's when you start to wrap up your thoughts. You want to give the paper a jolting feel after the ending, not a formulaic (and unfortunately, standard) "as you can see," or "I hope that I've proved," blah blah blah BS. Be brief, a few sentences that abstractly encapsulate your topic should handle it. Good tip, try to end on an unexpected, yet pleasant note; it energizes your writing. I peer review a bunch of my classmates' writing, and sometimes I think a machine writes it because it's so GD lifeless.

    Just my $.02, though.

  5. #2725
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,226
    ^ Yeah, what she said.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  6. #2726
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,254
    Shut up, Miggles.


    *****.

  7. #2727
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,226
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Shut up, Miggles. *****.
    What are you talking about? 420 was Miggles....

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  8. #2728
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Wrapping up your thoughts, and summarizing your point are very different. Summarizing your points are too elementary, and unfortunately such systematic writing dominates the education system. But in good writing, specifically nonfiction writing, you want to head for the nearest exit as soon as you feel you've aptly provided your facts/points.

    Since you're only concerned about the ending at this point, I'll assume you've presented everything. That's when you start to wrap up your thoughts. You want to give the paper a jolting feel after the ending, not a formulaic (and unfortunately, standard) "as you can see," or "I hope that I've proved," blah blah blah BS. Be brief, a few sentences that abstractly encapsulate your topic should handle it. Good tip, try to end on an unexpected, yet pleasant note; it energizes your writing. I peer review a bunch of my classmates' writing, and sometimes I think a machine writes it because it's so GD lifeless.

    Just my $.02, though.
    Tried to make sense out of that, but it didn't really help much. It's just too vague.

  9. #2729
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Tried to make sense out of that, but it didn't really help much. It's just too vague.
    your face is vague
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  10. #2730
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    your face is vague

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts