+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 814 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379779 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 8133
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I have a serious problem:I can't seem to stay motivated in school. I'm in my second year and it's driving me insane. I don't know what to do anymore, I'm not lazy but this work is killing me and I have NO motivation or drive in me to do it.
    Drop out

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    Drop out
    Thanks for the advice.....

But I want to stay in school.

Thanks for the advice.....But I want to stay in school.
    College isn't meant for everyone. Dropping out doesnt mean you won't move go on to be successfull in something else

College isn't meant for everyone. Dropping out doesnt mean you won't move go on to be successfull in something else
    I know.

Maybe it's because It's my second year? Idk.

What is your major?

What is your major?
    Psychology

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    lololol poor Dallas

I have a serious problem:

I can't seem to stay motivated in school. I'm in my second year and it's driving me insane. I don't know what to do anymore, I'm not lazy but this work is killing me and I have NO motivation or drive in me to do it.
    Muscle through it. School can be a drag, and I definitely felt the same way when I first went to college, but ****ing off like I did cost me. Sure, I had great times and great experiences in the meantime, but I truly wish I kept my nose to the grindstone when I was a kid. Think about it this way, say you take 5 years off from school (trust me, they go by QUICK). That's 5 years of earnings (and raises) that you'll lose. Not to mention 5 years worth of retirement savings lost.

Also, when you send out resumes it looks worse the older you are and the less experience you have (unless your work history is going to contain relevant, lower level work to what you want to do).

Then there's repayment of your student loans. Are you going to be able to afford your payments if you take more than 1 semester off (and again, from experience, one semester turns into two into three into four very quickly)? When I was in my late teens/early 20's, it was easy to say, "Hey, I'm young, I still have plenty of time." Then one day I woke up and I wasn't so young anymore.

Now that I've done my "scared straight" routine, what is it that you want to do with your psychology degree? I think you said you want to be a school psychologist? If that is the case, think about the end goal. See the forest, not the trees. If you look at all the individual classes and work you'll have to do to reach that goal, it'll seem insurmountable. When you are having trouble keeping motivated, think about what you'll be able to accomplish in your profession and the positive change that you'll be able to affect in the students you'll get to work with and help. Hopefully, that will help get you through the down cycles.

Also, classes get much more interesting when you get to the 300 and 400 level courses. So, you have that to which to look forward.

I have a serious problem:
    I can't seem to stay motivated in school. I'm in my second year and it's driving me insane. I don't know what to do anymore, I'm not lazy but this work is killing me and I have NO motivation or drive in me to do it.
    You have to realize that you are at the prime of your life, yes it's tuff, you don't have mom and dad to throw you in your room and make you do you homework and study, you are in charge of your future, do what it takes and most of all take advantage of this period in your life when you are still free. You will be fine, it's called the sophmore slump, just the fact that you realize it's happening is a good sign. So enjoy your freedom while you can, after you graduate, that's when it's really going to suck.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!