+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 814 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384784 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 8133
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I FREAKING LOVR HUMMUS WITH TRISCUITS ASDFJLHFDGJK omg you have no idea.
    I usually go with the Ritz cracker, but I'd imagine it'd be pretty badass with Triscuits.

All this talk makes me want to start a tapas/wine/fine beer bar. Anyone got $500k seed money for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    All this talk makes me want to start a tapas/wine/fine beer bar. Anyone got $500k seed money for me?
    Honestly if I had it, I would. You know your food, wine, and beer pretty well! It would be a hit.

Also, if anyone is looking for a good, but different pizza suggestion, go for this: A white pizza (oil and maybe a little garlic as a base instead of pizza sauce), mozz, crushed red pepper, sausage, mushrooms, and anchovies. Effin' tasty. For whatever reason, there's only like 2 pizza places near me that carry anchovies, and one of them doesn't take credit cards for delivery orders. The bastages.
    I swear you must be the cook in your house. That sounds amazing.

I swear you must be the cook in your house. That sounds amazing.
    Yeah, but I cook rather uninspired at home, lol. It's just one of those things, I cook all day at work, by the time I get home and showered I don't have much motivation to do anything fancy. I did a lot of nice cooking at home when I first started the job I have now, because I was only able to get like 3 shifts a week, 4 if I was lucky.

It also doesn't help that my wife has celiac (she can't have anything with wheat gluten in it), so even if I want to do something simple like pasta, I have to cook two different pastas.

Tapenade is good stuff. I've never had this brand of regular humus before, but I tried their black bean humus with chipotle the other week and it was pretty good, so I figured I'd give this a shot. I've been making a slamming humus sandwich for my own lunch at work lately... Toasted 12 grain bread, humus, feta, red onion, roasted red pepper, black olives (though I wish I had Spanish olives for it), tomato, and lettuce or spinach. It's good ****. I miss the sandwich I used to make at the place I used to work (which was a Greek/Italian restaurant). Fresh, warm Italian bread, a little oil and red wine vinegar, anchovies, roasted red pepper, and fontinella cheese. Soooooo good.
    It's odd, because I'm 100% Greek, but I'm not a huge fan of Greek food. Moussaka, Pastitso, Saganaki, Gyro, Souvlakia, Octapodi -- that's pretty much it lol.

Honestly if I had it, I would. You know your food, wine, and beer pretty well! It would be a hit.
    I know my food and beer well enough. I'd definitely need to hire a good sommelier, though. I know wine enough to impress people who don't know much about wine, but oenophiles (wine lovers) would be able to sniff my amateur *** out post haste.

Also, if anyone is looking for a good, but different pizza suggestion, go for this: A white pizza (oil and maybe a little garlic as a base instead of pizza sauce), mozz, crushed red pepper, sausage, mushrooms, and anchovies. Effin' tasty. For whatever reason, there's only like 2 pizza places near me that carry anchovies, and one of them doesn't take credit cards for delivery orders. The bastages.
    I like a white pizza with: ricotta, fresh tomato, broccoli, spinach, red onions, and oregano. So good.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    It's odd, because I'm 100% Greek, but I'm not a huge fan of Greek food. Moussaka, Pastitso, Saganaki, Gyro, Souvlakia, Octapodi -- that's pretty much it lol.
    Well, what else do you need from Greek food? lol That's about all the Greek my old restaurant had. Eventually we got dolmades. They came from a can, but weren't too bad. But, I can only eat dolmades with feta. Plain, I don't like them that much.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I like a white pizza with: ricotta, fresh tomato, broccoli, spinach, red onions, and oregano. So good.
    Sounds good, save for the broccoli. I can't stand cooked broccoli. However, I love raw broc.