+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 814 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397797 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 8133
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    ehh not really. idk if emo can be classified as a music genre lol. its more the people who are emo

This is a band I consider one of my favorites of all time. (Byron is also a fan =P )

The GUYS might be kinda emo, but the music es definitely post-hardcore, which im a fan of.
    True dat.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    True dat.
    No! Not true dat! False dat!

Let's go.

The 80's ****ing sucked. Sorry. The three best decades for music (in modern times) are the '60's, '70's, and '90's. The '80's were pretty horrible overall.
    Compared to the abominations that are being crapped out today, and tagged as "music", the 80's artists sound like HOF-worthy geniuses. For me to say something like that, considering that I lived through the 80's and hated most of that stuff back then, is a testament to how bad the current music scene has largely become. With very few exceptions, the current music industry is at an all time low. Its the same old tired formats with the same sounds that have been heard millions of times previously. The 80's now sound like a breath of fresh air.

All-Pro
    True dat.
    Well the thing is there are limitations and I'm not sure how to explain what I mean ....how many chord combinations are there that work together an are pleasing to listen to ?.....many chord progressions in music overlap... meaning with little effort you can play many different songs with the same set of chords....Idk still not sure I'm getting a crossed my point....but in order for a song to be totally different from another the boundary's of what works , sells and is pleasing to the ear becomes more absurd over time...hence todays music.......perhaps rap music speaks to some of what I'm trying to say the words make the songs different while the beat in many cases is the same.....honestly all popular music does the same thing.....blues, rock, disco and so on......it can't be helped... for me if I like the sound of a song "the music" I like it ...doesn't matter who do it what type it is or in what period of time it was done.... that being said if it sells it sells which means someone likes it no matter how bad I think it is....just my .02.........and I do like the used I'll say this tho I find some of their lyric sappy but I enjoy much of what they do with the music/instrumentation which is what sells me first and foremost "the sound"

All-Pro
    gonna have some Maine lobster today with a nice tossed salad.......

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Compared to the abominations that are being crapped out today, and tagged as "music", the 80's artists sound like HOF-worthy geniuses. For me to say something like that, considering that I lived through the 80's and hated most of that stuff back then, is a testament to how bad the current music scene has largely become. With very few exceptions, the current music industry is at an all time low. Its the same old tired formats with the same sounds that have been heard millions of times previously. The 80's now sound like a breath of fresh air.
    Agreed. 80's music is better than most of what is widely commercially available today, however, the 2 decades prior and the decade after were better. The music of the '60's, '70's, and '90's is a lot better than 90% of what came out in the '80s. Like Pizz said, the '80s were great for the introduction of hip-hop to the American consciousness.

Music today is mostly derivative and the fragmentation of music into hyper-specific sub-genres hasn't done it any favors. Neither has ease of access to technology.

Agreed. 80's music is better than most of what is widely commercially available today, however, the 2 decades prior and the decade after were better. The music of the '60's, '70's, and '90's is a lot better than 90% of what came out in the '80s. Like Pizz said, the '80s were great for the introduction of hip-hop to the American consciousness.

Music today is mostly derivative and the fragmentation of music into hyper-specific sub-genres hasn't done it any favors. Neither has ease of access to technology.
    I LOVE music from the 60's and 70's love it love it love it. I just love the pop/rock aspect of the 80's. I thought the style was cool and yeah, I love it lol.

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Yup. I don't even listen to the radio anymore. It's recycled bubble gum pop crap with no substance. I'm sure there was some stupid sounding music in the 80's, but the majority of it wasn't that bad to me.

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    Well the thing is there are limitations and I'm not sure how to explain what I mean ....how many chord combinations are there that work together an are pleasing to listen to ?.....many chord progressions in music overlap... meaning with little effort you can play many different songs with the same set of chords....Idk still not sure I'm getting a crossed my point....but in order for a song to be totally different from another the boundary's of what works , sells and is pleasing to the ear becomes more absurd over time...hence todays music.......perhaps rap music speaks to some of what I'm trying to say the words make the songs different while the beat in many cases is the same.....honestly all popular music does the same thing.....blues, rock, disco and so on......it can't be helped... for me if I like the sound of a song "the music" I like it ...doesn't matter who do it what type it is or in what period of time it was done.... that being said if it sells it sells which means someone likes it no matter how bad I think it is....just my .02.........and I do like the used I'll say this tho I find some of their lyric sappy but I enjoy much of what they do with the music/instrumentation which is what sells me first and foremost "the sound"
    This is very very true. There have been many times where I'll be playing one song on my Uke..and I'm like wait...this sounds like another song...and then I play the other sound and it's the very same thing with a different rhythm.

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    gonna have some Maine lobster today with a nice tossed salad.......
    Sounds delicious. Gonna have some Nigerian red stew and white rice.

Let's go.