+ Reply to Thread
Page 298 of 814 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398798 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 8133
    Greek Easter baby!

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Greek Easter baby!
    Get with the Gregorian calendar, yo.

Brb, dying.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Greek Easter baby!

Happy Hanakkuh.

Finished loads of work today, thank jeebus.

Had to watch this movie called Robot & Frank for my class! Now, I just really have to study. But going to go out for some yogurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Sounds delicious. Gonna have some Nigerian red stew and white rice.
    I'll have some, if it's poured over Osi....yum...

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Agreed. 80's music is better than most of what is widely commercially available today, however, the 2 decades prior and the decade after were better. The music of the '60's, '70's, and '90's is a lot better than 90% of what came out in the '80s. Like Pizz said, the '80s were great for the introduction of hip-hop to the American consciousness.

Music today is mostly derivative and the fragmentation of music into hyper-specific sub-genres hasn't done it any favors. Neither has ease of access to technology.
    Completely agree about the 60's and 70's. Those are my two favorite era's of music. The early to mid-90's were also great for the most part, but thats when the whole downward slide really started('95-ish). Thats not to say that the whole era of the 90's was bad, because it was far from it, but at the same time, as far as sugar coated bubblegum garbage goes, the 90's sort of rebooted all of it, and it has been a nightmare ever since. I still dont think we've reached the worst of it yet, as people still keep this nonsense at the top of the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Completely agree about the 60's and 70's. Those are my two favorite era's of music. The early to mid-90's were also great for the most part, but thats when the whole downward slide really started('95-ish). Thats not to say that the whole era of the 90's was bad, because it was far from it, but at the same time, as far as sugar coated bubblegum garbage goes, the 90's sort of rebooted all of it, and it has been a nightmare ever since. I still dont think we've reached the worst of it yet, as people still keep this nonsense at the top of the charts.
    I hear ya. I think the music of the early to mid '90's was great enough to make up for the lacking of the latter half of the decade. Man, there was some great music then. Everything from Pavement and Pixies (the seminal 'your favorite band's favorite bands'), to the more newly mainstream sounds of Seattle; Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden. 90's hip-hop kicked ***, too (though I wasn't too into it at the time, I was still unraveling my metalhead skein, but I've come to appreciate most of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Mmmm tsoureki!!! (Sweet bread)