+ Reply to Thread
Page 320 of 814 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 8138
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Wildly disappointed that my girlfriend got us tickets to see the Great Gatsby, people are reviewing it and saying it is horrible... I don't know what to tell her?

That I actually don't wanna go and see it? She's gonna take offense to it, but I don't want her to waste her money.
    People are saying it's horrible?!!!!

UGH NOO

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

I actually started having doubts about the movie when I heard the soundtrack. It was mostly pop/rap...it's modernized.

Didn't know Jay-Z was around in the 1920's...

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    We all love the Mick, but when Mick wasn't playing baseball what was he doing?

When Ted wasn't playing ball he was flying missions over Europe fighting the Nazis.

Just saying.

In a career shortened 4+ years by military service he hit .344 with 521 HR's and 1839 RBI's.
    The single greatest hitter in baseball history.
    Nursing his injuries with booz like a real man. Like Whitey said "hes wrapped up like a mummy and hes still good"

20x All star, 7x World Champ, 3x AL MVP, Triple Crown winner. 18 hrs in the WS, like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I actually started having doubts about the movie when I heard the soundtrack. It was mostly pop/rap...it's modernized.

Yea they did that with the Red Tails movie and the Jackie Robbinson movie. Not a fan of that. Red Tails was ok, love those Mustangs. and bubbles from the wire was in it.

I'm assuming you never watched Romeo + Juliett...........
    Oderint Dum Metuant

That being said, I'm already partial to R&J, because I'm much more familiar with the story seeing as how everyone knows it, and I havent read Gatsby in probably 15 years.

I wonder if the director got the idea from watching the season of Entourage where all he wanted to do was Gatsby lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I actually started having doubts about the movie when I heard the soundtrack. It was mostly pop/rap...it's modernized.Didn't know Jay-Z was around in the 1920's...
    That's why there are bad reviews. And that's going to turn me off

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Mantle had a degeneritive bone disease that prevented him from being in the military even if he wanted to. I know people didn't like him for it, but what are you going to do about that??
    Not berating Mick. I'm emphasizing the greatness of Ted Williams.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Nursing his injuries with booz like a real man. Like Whitey said "hes wrapped up like a mummy and hes still good"

20x All star, 7x World Champ, 3x AL MVP, Triple Crown winner. 18 hrs in the WS, like a boss.
    Mickey said many times that he regretted his lifestyle and admitted that if he had taken better care of himself, he would have had a much better career.
    Again...not knocking Mickey. I loved him when he played. I saw him play in 1968 at bat day, June 9th, 1968 at Yankee Stadium, and later in Cleveland.
    Remember my past Dezzy????
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Mickey said many times that he regretted his lifestyle and admitted that if he had taken better care of himself, he would have had a much better career.
    Again...not knocking Mickey. I loved him when he played. I saw him play in 1968 at bat day, June 9th, 1968 at Yankee Stadium, and later in Cleveland.
    Remember my past Dezzy????
    July 1st, 2009....Ken Griffey Jr....best birthday present ever.
    Oderint Dum Metuant