+ Reply to Thread
Page 347 of 814 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 8133
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Theres a few episodes of Boardwalk Empire that are like that, especially the old episodes. Like the little girl randomly getting polio

Doesnt suprised me at all
    I honestly don't even remember that, and I watch the show too btw. Great show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I want to see it because the book is one of my favorites, and I enjoyed the original movie. I'm making a big deal of the soundtrack because you simply cannot modernize a story like TGG. It takes out the part of the story really.
    Was it the 1974 one? I believe that's the one I've watched and I thought that was great haha. You might not enjoy the movie then.. unless you're okay with the modernization and visuals and blah blah blah... that's mostly what it was.

My girlfriend said, "I was Ok with the story, but the visuals were awesome"

She never saw the Great Gatsby... so there.. you kind of get the picture of the movie.

And if they wnated to really **** the movie up and modernize it even more, they would have played Kanye's Golddigger because that's all Daisy was.

Oh and by the way, the guy who played Buchanon was fascinating, He played a better role than Leo played Gatsby IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I honestly don't even remember that, and I watch the show too btw. Great show.

Was it the 1974 one? I believe that's the one I've watched and I thought that was great haha. You might not enjoy the movie then.. unless you're okay with the modernization and visuals and blah blah blah... that's mostly what it was.

My girlfriend said, "I was Ok with the story, but the visuals were awesome"

She never saw the Great Gatsby... so there.. you kind of get the picture of the movie.
    Lol yeah...

I'm sure I wouldn't hate it, but I probably wouldn't see it again. Since every movie is about visuals now, I don't get too excited about it anymore. Speaking of visuals....

I hate how movies are now made to appeal to the eye, and not made to tell a story.

Please support.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Lol yeah...

I'm sure I wouldn't hate it, but I probably wouldn't see it again. Since every movie is about visuals now, I don't get too excited about it anymore. Speaking of visuals....

I hate how movies are now made to appeal to the eye, and not made to tell a story.
    Lol don't bother paying a lot of money to go see it in theaters. I can tell already you won't enjoy it for the amount you'd be paying. I certainly didn't.

I "liked" it, but didn't enjoy it that much. Directors really need to start balancing out **** in movies.

I would suggest probably watching it in 3D, it actually seems sick in 3D... lots of parts in that movie that goes well with 3D
    ummm no. 3d is so incredibly ****ing awful. it completely takes away from the movie, because all youre thinking about is 3D
    Oderint Dum Metuant

My wife is such a selfish ***** sometimes. I have to have an endoscopy (I need to be taken to and from it, as they put you under for it) and originally scheduled it for this Weds, but needed to reschedule it. So, I just rescheduled it for another day that my wife said she would be able take off... But, now she says it's too ****ing early. What the hell? She's had plenty of health issues and doctor's appointments and I've always done what I needed to do to take her if needed, including calling into work, not going to a certification class that I would have been paid to attend, etc.... Also, mind you, she'd have to get up later than if she actually went to work.

And if they wnated to really **** the movie up and modernize it even more, they would have played Kanye's Golddigger because that's all Daisy was.

Oh and by the way, the guy who played Buchanon was fascinating, He played a better role than Leo played Gatsby IMO.
    stop using the word fascinating.....please.........
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    ummm no. 3d is so incredibly ****ing awful. it completely takes away from the movie, because all youre thinking about is 3D
    Eh, the movie kind of took away a lot from the book, so you might as well enjoy the visuals while you're watching it, but in 3D.

I saw Up in 3D and enjoyed it and that was like one of the first few movies that were produced in 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    My wife is such a selfish ***** sometimes. I have to have an endoscopy (I need to be taken to and from it, as they put you under for it) and originally scheduled it for this Weds, but needed to reschedule it. So, I just rescheduled it for another day that my wife said she would be able take off... But, now she says it's too ****ing early. What the hell? She's had plenty of health issues and doctor's appointments and I've always done what I needed to do to take her if needed, including calling into work, not going to a certification class that I would have been paid to attend, etc.... Also, mind you, she'd have to get up later than if she actually went to work.
    Does she not want to do it because of work? Or because it's too early?

Either way, she needs to understand you're going to the doctor, not a concert...It's something that needs to be done.

Please support.

Hell yeah dude. I need to find his other movies because I loved the visualization, but it didn't draw me into the movie that much. It still lacked a lot of other qualities.
    the other 2 popular ones are Romeo & Juliet, and Moulin Rouge.

I'm not a huge fan of Moulin Rouge, cuz it was a little bit too uhh...burlesque? for my liking? lol

But R&J was great, i loved it.

He also did a movie called Austrailia, but I know nothing about it, and the fact that I don't means it couldnt have been that great =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant