+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 814 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 8138
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    No like seriously, I have no idea how I can blow that much money so quickly. I went shopping, spend $125. I spend money on **** for nothing really.
    Learn how to budget.

Set some money aside for:
    1.Gas
    2.Food
    3.Clothing/Personal Items.

This will all depend how much money you make. If you don't make a lot, then you really can't go all crazy with your money, that is the hardest part. I put those three categories because that's usually what I spend most of my money on. Notice how clothing is dead last, that should be the least amount.

My dad and I had a talk about budgeting and saving. We went into greater detail, but he gave me excellent tips. He says try not to spend a lot on eating out/fast food. Maybe once or twice a month, but that should be the maximum. Eating out constantly can burn a hole in your wallet, especially fast food.

Gas is essential, but also, if you don't have to drive..you shouldn't. Being as you live in NYC, there are trains, buses, walking, bikes, and etc. This can also help you budget

Last but not least, clothing. Simply if you don't need it, don't buy it. Don't go out and buy a $200.00 pair of Retro Jordans if you make $400.00. I can't tell you what you should, and should not buy, but it's wise not to get stuff just because you have money.

I'm not saying you go out and buy stupid things, or are bad with your money, just some tips that has helped me out a lot.
    Last edited by Rudyy; 05-13-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Learn how to budget.

Set some money aside for:
    1.Gas
    2.Food
    3.Clothing/Personal Items.

This will all depend how much money you make. If you don't make a lot, then you really can't go all crazy with your money, that is the hardest part. I put those three categories because that's usually what I spend most of my money on. Notice how clothing is dead last, that should be the least amount.
    I pay my phone bill, transportation as in train, gas.

Gas is actually low.

I tend to buy a lot of food products, i noticed that is my biggest problem. Eating out and stuff...

Gas is actually low.

I tend to buy a lot of food products, i noticed that is my biggest problem. Eating out and stuff...
    I edited my last post.

Banned

Gas is actually low.

Buy in bulk at costco/BJ's or whatever. You will be surprised how much money you'll save just by doing that instead of eating out. Plus, the added benefit of actually knowing what is in your food is great and you'll probably look and feel better too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Buy in bulk at costco/BJ's or whatever. You will be surprised how much money you'll save just by doing that instead of eating out. Plus, the added benefit of actually knowing what is in your food is great and you'll probably look and feel better too.
    Now you have to be careful with that.

I think buying in bulk is a good idea, but for certain products. Such as toilet paper, water, laundry detergent. Basically everyday necessities.

I edited my last post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Thanks. I have that tendency to eat out only because I'm out most of the time and I really have no idea what to bring from home. It makes me upset to see my checking account take a hit. I have to learn to figure out how much money I'll have for personal ****.

Thanks. I have that tendency to eat out only because I'm out most of the time and I really have no idea what to bring from home. It makes me upset to see my checking account take a hit. I have to learn to figure out how much money I'll have for personal ****.
    Yup! That's the first step to budgeting.

That's my issue though. Budgets include an "income".

But I work part-time so my income is different because of school and ****.

That's my issue though. Budgets include an "income".

But I work part-time so my income is different because of school and ****.
    You still have an income...if you work.

You still have an income...if you work.
    But it changes every month, so I really have no idea what amount I should be saving and ****. I guess the 1st step is checking my monthly expenses