+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 814 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 8133
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And our Capitol is right on the border of north and south, so should all Americans consider themselves either northerners or southerners?
    Comparing the DC to Cairo is like comparing apples and oranges. The majority of Egyptians live in or near Cairo, just because of how much desert/inhospitable land lies south and west from the capital. If Egypt consisted of just the fertile lands(which lie close to the ME and where most of their people live) than you could really argue either way. Its like arguing whether or not the Ukraine is a part of Europe or Asia.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Egypt has had a lot of foreign influences over the centuries. They were conquered many times by Canaanites, Nubians, Persians, Babylon. From 332 BC Macedonia/Greece ruled over Egypt until the Romans arrived. Once Rome fell the Byzantines had it for a bit before Arab Muslims conquered in 646.
    They definitely have a mix of pretty much everything but I only mentioned Ethiopia because we were talking about Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    They definitely have a mix of pretty much everything but I only mentioned Ethiopia because we were talking about Africa.
    Well, geographically speaking, Egypt is part of Africa.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Well, geographically speaking, Egypt is part of Africa.
    It most certainly is, but because the definition of what middle eastern is is so loose, it is also considered middle eastern depending on the source.

I was just reading earlier about how Anwar Sadat made Egypt the first Arab nation to make peace with Israel.....it got him the Nobel peace price.......................................and got him assassinated..................
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I was just reading earlier about how Anwar Sadat made Egypt the first Arab nation to make peace with Israel.....it got him the Nobel peace price.......................................and got him assassinated..................
    That whole area is such a mess, they will be fighting each other for another 2,000 years just like they were the 2,000+ years prior.

It most certainly is, but because the definition of what middle eastern is is so loose, it is also considered middle eastern depending on the source.
    That's where I'm confused...I don't think they see themselves as African, even though technically they are..

That whole area is such a mess, they will be fighting each other for another 2,000 years just like they were the 2,000+ years prior.
    lol i love that line in Zohan, where the mother is like "theyve been fighting for over 2000 years! It will have to stop SOON, right!?!?"
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Terrible. Their beliefs are full of hate. They preach hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Terrible. Their beliefs are full of hate. They preach hate.
    currently it's easily one of the worst places around. terrible is a great description.
    Oderint Dum Metuant