+ Reply to Thread
Page 386 of 812 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 8111
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Here's two examples of why I'm not going to terribly miss the restaurant biz when I finally leave. 1) The other day we had a lady place a take out order during the middle of the lunch rush. Mind you, when her ticket came in, there were 12-15 tickets ahead of hers (and the place I work only has 2 cooks during the week). At ten minutes, she has one of the hostesses ask how much longer her food is going to be. I said it was going to be a few or so more minutes. Like four minutes later, one of the waitresses comes back and says the lady is nearly in tears wondering where her food is, what should I tell her? I said, tell her to grow the **** up. I mean, 15 minutes, while not ideal, is not a very long time to wait for your food. 2) On Saturday during the middle of the lunch rush, a waitress comes up to the pass with a zip-lock bag with a couple of slices of bread in it and asks if we could toast it for a customer. I said that it was too busy for me to make sure there was no cross contamination (I assume it's someone with a food allergy). The waitress goes to the table to tell the customer that, comes back and says that the lady doesn't have a food allergy; she just wants her own bread. ****ing really? What kind of self important **** brings in their own ****ing bread to a restaurant for them to toast? A little later the waitress comes back and asks for some extra salsa for the table. I told her that they could get some at the same store that they brought their bread at (I, of course, gave them their salsa).
    Lol crying because she had to wait for her food. Meanwhile there are starving children in Africa hoping to get a friggen meal. Unbelievable.
    Uh..go Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Lol crying because she had to wait for her food. Meanwhile there are starving children in Africa hoping to get a friggen meal. Unbelievable.
    And bloody hell, it was only 15 minutes from the time we got her order until she got it. She wasn't even waiting that​ long.

I imagine she needed to get back to work, but still, a lack of planning on her part an emergency on mine does not make. Especially when there's a Chipotle next door to my restaurant, a Burger King and 5 Guys across the street, and a McDonalds one block down. If you're in a hurry, go to one of the many fast food places (though 5 Guys wouldn't have been any faster than we were).
    Last edited by Drez; 05-27-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Here's two examples of why I'm not going to terribly miss the restaurant biz when I finally leave. 1) The other day we had a lady place a take out order during the middle of the lunch rush. Mind you, when her ticket came in, there were 12-15 tickets ahead of hers (and the place I work only has 2 cooks during the week). At ten minutes, she has one of the hostesses ask how much longer her food is going to be. I said it was going to be a few or so more minutes. Like four minutes later, one of the waitresses comes back and says the lady is nearly in tears wondering where her food is, what should I tell her? I said, tell her to grow the **** up. I mean, 15 minutes, while not ideal, is not a very long time to wait for your food. 2) On Saturday during the middle of the lunch rush, a waitress comes up to the pass with a zip-lock bag with a couple of slices of bread in it and asks if we could toast it for a customer. I said that it was too busy for me to make sure there was no cross contamination (I assume it's someone with a food allergy). The waitress goes to the table to tell the customer that, comes back and says that the lady doesn't have a food allergy; she just wants her own bread. ****ing really? What kind of self important **** brings in their own ****ing bread to a restaurant for them to toast? A little later the waitress comes back and asks for some extra salsa for the table. I told her that they could get some at the same store that they brought their bread at (I, of course, gave them their salsa).
    Man, I could rant on this subject for days.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Man, I could rant on this subject for days.
    I once worked at a private club. I had a lady send a salad back because it didn't have as many julienned carrots on it as the lady sitting next to her. True story.

I once worked at a private club. I had a lady send a salad back because it didn't have as many julienned carrots on it as the lady sitting next to her. True story.
    And I mean it literally had 3 fewer carrot shreds on it.

Annoying *** customers. "Your order will be up shortly, I'll call it out when it's ready" "That's fine, I'll just stand here in front of the registers blocking the next twenty customers from paying..."

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Annoying *** customers. "Your order will be up shortly, I'll call it out when it's ready" "That's fine, I'll just stand here in front of the registers blocking the next twenty customers from paying..."
    LOL so true
    Uh..go Giants?

And I mean it literally had 3 fewer carrot shreds on it.
    I hate nitpicky people. My mom is one of them. Mom: I can't eat this. Me: What's wrong with it? Mom: Half of the egg has a lot of cheese, and the other half doesn't! Me: Um, well just mix it together? Mom: No! Me: ....
    Uh..go Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I hate nitpicky people. My mom is one of them. Mom: I can't eat this. Me: What's wrong with it? Mom: Half of the egg has a lot of cheese, and the other half doesn't! Me: Um, well just mix it together? Mom: No! Me: ....
    Honestly, certain people should probably not eat out. I understand that when you pay for your food you should have a reasonable expectation of getting what you want. The key word in there is reasonable. If you feel the need to bring in your own toast (and you don't have a food allergy), then you should probably just eat at home. If you're jealous of your neighbor's salad because it has a couple extra pieces of carrot on it, then you should probably just kill yourself.