+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 814 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 8133
  1. #421
    Veteran Laurah1275's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,273
    It came out sooo good,......who wants a plate?

  2. #422
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    All exams do is make you memorize crap you aren't going to keep in your memory down the road.

    Open discussion better prepares you in the long road.
    Poorly designed exams just make you memorize crap. A well designed exam will ask you to synthesize the material.

  3. #423
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    It came out sooo good,......who wants a plate?
    Sure

  4. #424
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Poorly designed exams just make you memorize crap. A well designed exam will ask you to synthesize the material.
    True. I shouldn't have said all, but most of them are just HEY MEMORIZE THIS CRAP FOR THIS ONE EXAM AND YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO USE IT AGAIN!! I don't like that.

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    True. I shouldn't have said all, but most of them are just HEY MEMORIZE THIS CRAP FOR THIS ONE EXAM AND YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO USE IT AGAIN!! I don't like that.
    Yeah that's like my physics class this semester, we just finished up mirrors/lenses refraction/reflection and we will never use it again for the course(I will probably never use it again period) definitely a waste of time/money but its a requirement

  6. #426
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    It came out sooo good,......who wants a plate?
    looks good, I'm hungry

  7. #427
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,267
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Yeah that's like my physics class this semester, we just finished up mirrors/lenses refraction/reflection and we will never use it again for the course(I will probably never use it again period) definitely a waste of time/money but its a requirement
    Yeah, I'm tired of GED courses. Honestly wish we wouldn't have to take them for 2 years.

  8. #428
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Yeah, I'm tired of GED courses. Honestly wish we wouldn't have to take them for 2 years.
    It's not even a GED, its a two semester requirement for my major. It is complete bull**** and is not even applicable to what we do in our major. Everyone in the course minus a few people are there because of the requirement within the Biology major, which is pretty funny considering you don't need it for most graduate schools.

  9. #429
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,267
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    It's not even a GED, its a two semester requirement for my major. It is complete bull**** and is not even applicable to what we do in our major. Everyone in the course minus a few people are there because of the requirement within the Biology major, which is pretty funny considering you don't need it for most graduate schools.
    Well I'm a sophomore and I'm still forced to take classes that have NOTHING to do with my major. I'm not even taking any of my core classes yet.

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Well I'm a sophomore and I'm still forced to take classes that have NOTHING to do with my major. I'm not even taking any of my core classes yet.
    Yeah GEDs suck, but try to take some in the same realm so you have a minor set up. The good thing about gen eds is that you have some sort of choice as to what you want to take. This class on the other hand is mandated, you don't take it you don't graduate. No substitutions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts