+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 814 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: The Freaking Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I'd like to see Brown for another year before making any judgement. I'm still worried about the running game. The o-line better do its job.
    We shoulda kept Brown in 2011. He was playin like a stud in the preseason. It was a toss up between him and Danny Ware. There was this one nifty play where Danny stretched out for the goal line and spun around contorting his body to get the TD. I think that play alone got him the roster spot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Brown also wasn't the main guy predominantly getting all the carries. And inexplicably was sidelined by the coaches even with bradshaw noticeably struggling. I think bradshaw only had 4 games over 100 yards this year including the 200 yarder against the browns. I think those games greatly inflated his stats. He was very hit or miss despite his 1K season.

His feet were screwed last year (no pun intended) and he couldn't find holes with ease at all. He just hopped around a lot and didn't get consistent yards. Showing no burst. You could tell his feet were hurting him all year. It was very frustrating to watch. That imo is hard on an offense's rhythm. Give me the guy who constantly churns out the yards by finding the holes and setting up his cuts. In the limited time with Brown, our offense seemed to flow more efficiently and at setting up manageable downs.

Bradshaw is just worn down. The other guys have overtaken him. He might be good for a few games here or there, but not a full season anymore.

If what you are saying was accurate, than Brown should have more ypc than Bradshaw did especially considering he had limited carries. This is not the case. Bradshaw may be done(yet he has been cleared to play) yet we don't know what we have in Brown. I can understand one trying to argue that our situation at RB is not worse than last year even though we lost Bradshaw, but how can anyone argue that the situation is better now that Bradshaw is gone? No one new was brought in and Brown couldn't beat out Bradshaw last year, so it just does not make any sense to me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    If Bradshaw was so good, why is he still a FA? He needed to be cut. We've argued about this before Moke. Andre Brown (before breaking his leg) was a more effective runner than Bradshaw. I don't know how you can't see that..
    There is an enormous hole in your argument here, unless you think that our coaching staff is inept. If he was a more effective runner than Bradshaw why did Brown get such limited reps?

Banned
    We shoulda kept Brown in 2011. He was playin like a stud in the preseason. It was a toss up between him and Danny Ware. There was this one nifty play where Danny stretched out for the goal line and spun around contorting his body to get the TD. I think that play alone got him the roster spot.
    Yeah I was saying the same thing during preseason before that season, Ware was horrible, we should have kept Brown that year.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    There is an enormous hole in your argument here, unless you think that our coaching staff is inept. If he was a more effective runner than Bradshaw why did Brown get such limited reps?
    Because he was the number 1 back...doesn't mean he was a better runner

Banned
    That's exactly what it means lol, he was infront of him on the depth chart which means he was a better player in the eyes of the coaches.

Brown was on the PS in '11.

Give it up. Shake doesn't understand that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Give it up. Shake doesn't understand that.
    So being #1 on the depth chart doesn't signify who is the best on the team at their respective position?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Brown was on the PS in '11.
    Really? Its obvious that we are talking about the 53 man roster here

+ Reply to Thread