+ Reply to Thread
Page 532 of 814 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542582632 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 8133
  1. #5311
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Interesting attempt at a save
    It's not a save, I hate you.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  2. #5312
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It's not a save
    Indeed. lol

  3. #5313
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Record of Lodoss War and Vamiper Hunter D (the first one) FTW!!!!!
    Yeah....that.....I guess. Lol my roommate was in love with it.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  4. #5314
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Record of Lodoss War and Vamiper Hunter D (the first one) FTW!!!!!
    Cowboy Bebop. Ain't bad actually.

  5. #5315
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm saying you can clearly see where I got my work from, from my citations alone. A works cited page provides more detail, but it's not necessary.
    It also provides a central location to find ALL of your sources without having to dig through the text (especially true in MLA and APA, at least in Chicago the citations are in the footers). While that might not be a big deal in an essay, especially shorter ones (under 40 pp), imagine how difficult it must be to suss out sources in a 200 page thesis with 50+ sources. They are useful and purposeful, even though they are pure tedium. It's been a while since I've had to write anything in APA or MLA, but you don't give full bibliographic information in your first citation, do you?

    And as a bonus, as someone who's had to grade papers, you can tell a lot about the quality of the paper before even reading it by looking at its sources.

  6. #5316
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Cowboy Bebop. Ain't bad actually.
    Never really watched it. Saw a few episodes when it first came on Adult Swim years ago, but wasn't ever really home when it was on and I haven't had a comprehensive cable package in over 10 years.

  7. #5317
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Yeah....that.....I guess. Lol my roommate was in love with it.
    Anime or those particular ones, lol

  8. #5318
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    It also provides a central location to find ALL of your sources without having to dig through the text (especially true in MLA and APA, at least in Chicago the citations are in the footers). While that might not be a big deal in an essay, especially shorter ones (under 40 pp), imagine how difficult it must be to suss out sources in a 200 page thesis with 50+ sources. They are useful and purposeful, even though they are pure tedium. It's been a while since I've had to write anything in APA or MLA, but you don't give full bibliographic information in your first citation, do you?And as a bonus, as someone who's had to grade papers, you can tell a lot about the quality of the paper before even reading it by looking at its sources.
    Whatever. MLA sucks.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  9. #5319
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Anime or those particular ones, lol
    Ever watched Hetalia?

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  10. #5320
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Ever watched Hetalia?
    Can't say as I have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts