+ Reply to Thread
Page 586 of 814 FirstFirst ... 86486536576584585586587588596636686 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 8133
    Makes no sense how I have an adblocker and I'm still getting tabs opened for ads...

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Makes no sense how I have an adblocker and I'm still getting tabs opened for ads...
    Ad blocker is for videos.

Holy ****, some of my friends are just flat ****ing ******ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Holy ****, some of my friends are just flat ****ing ******ed.
    holy **** what the ****ing **** happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    holy **** what the ****ing **** happened?
    One of my friends just posted some, "Vaccines cause autism," link. The link touted that the Vaccine Courts (a real thing, by the way), recently ruled in a case that an MMR shot caused autism in a kid, penalizing the pharmaceutical company just over $1m in damages. So, I looked into it. The proffer brief that the article linked to actually states that damages were awarded based on the vaccine causing encephalitis, which does unfortunately happen in some rare cases. Granted, the plaintiffs said this caused the ASD, but that wasn't supported by the brief.

Of course the article also extensively pointed to the countlessly debunked and rebuked Wakefield paper that sparked the whole anti-vaxxer craze.

One of my friends just posted some, "Vaccines cause autism," link. The link touted that the Vaccine Courts (a real thing, by the way), recently ruled in a case that an MMR shot caused autism in a kid, penalizing the pharmaceutical company just over $1m in damages. So, I looked into it. The proffer brief that the article linked to actually states that damages were awarded based on the vaccine causing encephalitis, which does unfortunately happen in some rare cases. Granted, the plaintiffs said this caused the ASD, but that wasn't supported by the brief.
    I agree your friend is a complete moron, along with anyone else who believes that vaccinations and autism are related.

Of course the article also extensively pointed to the countlessly debunked and rebuked Wakefield paper that sparked the whole anti-vaxxer craze.
    So basically people panicked and made a ****ty ruling.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG- View Post
    I agree your friend is a complete moron, along with anyone else who believes that vaccinations and autism are related.
    Hi Shake

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    So basically people panicked and made a ****ty ruling.
    No. Vaccines do in extremely rare cases do cause encephalitis. As far as I'm aware though, every case that has straight up said that they caused autism has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG- View Post
    To cover bases I also sent him a link to an article that discusses a paper that further disproves the "antigen myth.'