+ Reply to Thread
Page 627 of 814 FirstFirst ... 127527577617625626627628629637677727 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 8133
  1. #6261
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Nonetheless, you brought them up when I mentioned classics. I think a classic movie is a great film from any time period.


    (not Titanic)
    Which TCM's fit the bill.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Who said anything about the Titanic? Lol, and yes I brought them up when you said classics because they ARE classics lmfao, regardless of whether they fit your definition or not. It's really not that hard to grasp.
    This does NOT imply that ALL of them are classics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I brought it up randomly like you brought up SW's.


    I told you my description: All kinds of movies, including some of those founds at TCM. Not hard to grasp at all.
    OK. If it's "All kinds of movies", why are you attacking JUST TCM's?

  2. #6262
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Never backtracked, nice fallacy though. How do you know every movie on there is truly a classic? You said so yourself they simply were classics. Have you watched all of them yourself to really know?

    Just because its called Turner classic movies how are they truly ALL classics? It's a major channel that has to put tons of movies on its playlists. Are they all 100% classic movies that are all hits of the highest quality that are universally loved and remembered? Like I've told you again and again, I'm talking about movies that have been beloved and proven to be the most outstanding of their kind by their popularity.
    How do you know they aren't? I'll ask again: What movies have you seen on TCM that are NOT classics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Except you came up with that definition after I told you that I watched many Turner Classic Movies. You never established it in your first post what was a classic, it was a vague question to begin with.

    How are they not all classics? I'm sure they wouldn't put movies nobody cares to watch on their network. As I said before, just because YOU have your OWN definition of what you think a classic movie is, doesn't mean it's NOT a classic movie. And I have watched many many MANY movies on there, and yes, they are deemed as classics. How do I know? Because the time they were made, they were very popular, and continue to be well known movies to this day. For example, That Touch of Mink.


    By the way, those are not the only classic movies I watch.
    Still waiting for an answer for the claim YOU made.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Maybe because you are the one with a strange view of what constitutes as a classic movie in your mind. Which is making this a big deal in the first place lol. TCM shows tons of movies. And not all of them are from 50 or more years ago. They show modern movies in our time on there as well.

    My question is this: How could they possibly put all the movies that people would care about? How are you sure? because you say so? How do you know they are popular and continue to be well known to this day? Did you go around asking a whole bunch of people?
    Cool, this has nothing to do with the discussion.

    I don't work at TCM, I don't know how they put ALL the movies that people care about, I'm sure there is some sort of procedure of how they go about picking out certain films to show. That doesn't mean it's not a classic lol. How do I know they are classic movies? Well if you actually watch the channel and watch the movie, you would know that it's a classic.

  3. #6263
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You're having a little comprehension problem here. You are assuming that I only watch TCM's. I even pointed out that I never said they were the only classics, and you're still not grasping that, and you go back to the "I'm talking about classics from all genres and time periods".
    I believe you are not comprehending because you haven't answered my question. You said TCM weren't the only classics, so what? Were talking about whether TCM exclusively has classic movies like you have stated multiple times.

  4. #6264
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I believe you are not comprehending because you haven't answered my question. You said TCM weren't the only classics, so what? Were talking about whether TCM exclusively has classic movies like you have stated multiple times.
    Quote me where I said TCM exclusively has classic movies. However, YOU made the claim that not ALL TCM's are classics. So back up your claim; Do you watch TCM? What movies have you seen?
    Last edited by Rudyy; 08-07-2013 at 01:23 PM.

  5. #6265
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Why say anything else if that's not what you are meaning? You said they WERE classics because Its called TCM. that's very straightforward. Now you say that not all of them are? When did that happen? After you realized that cant possibly be 100% true?

  6. #6266
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Why say anything else if that's not what you are meaning? You said they WERE classics because Its called TCM. that's very straightforward. Now you say that not all of them are? When did that happen? After you realized that cant possibly be 100% true?
    You made the claim that I don't watch classics.


    I said I watch TCM's. Not because it is called Turner Classic Movies, but because the majority of movies that I have personally watched on their are deemed as CLASSICS. That is not saying that every single solitary movie on TCM is a classic. You made the mistake of ASSUMING I meant that.

    So because you went ahead and assumed that I said every single movie on TCM was a classic, you said "Ya know not every movie on TCM is a classic".

  7. #6267
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You made the claim that I don't watch classics.


    I said I watch TCM's. Not because it is called Turner Classic Movies, but because the majority of movies that I have personally watched on their are deemed as CLASSICS. That is not saying that every single solitary movie on TCM is a classic. You made the mistake of ASSUMING I meant that.

    So because you went ahead and assumed that I said every single movie on TCM was a classic, you said "Ya know not every movie on TCM is a classic".
    You made the mistake of making a broad statement. By just saying "its called TCM they are classics roflmfao" or whatever. What else was this supposed to come across as? Then you had to do some damage control by saying: "I didn't say every one was"

  8. #6268
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    You made the mistake of making a broad statement. By just saying "its called TCM they are classics roflmfao" or whatever. What else was this supposed to come across as? Then you had to do some damage control by saying: "I didn't say every one was"
    And you made the mistake by not being more specific with "she doesn't watch classics". TCM's like you have stated, have been made in many different eras and have many different genres.

    If you wanted a more specific answer, then you need to be more specific with your question. I answered your question how you asked it.

    Rusty: What classics do you watch?

    Me: Oh, I watch classic movies from TCM.

    Rusty: NOT ALL MOVES ON THERE ARE CLASSICS ALDKFSJAKDLFJ!!

    Me: Whoa whoa, I never said they all were, I'm just saying I-

    Rusty: RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

  9. #6269
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    you still insisted it had to be classic because it was shown on TCM. That ain't my fault
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    And you made the mistake by not being more specific with "she doesn't watch classics". TCM's like you have stated, have been made in many different eras and have many different genres.

    If you wanted a more specific answer, then you need to be more specific with your question. I answered your question how you asked it.

    Rusty: What classics do you watch?

    Me: Oh, I watch classic movies from TCM.

    Rusty: NOT ALL MOVES ON THERE ARE CLASSICS ALDKFSJAKDLFJ!!

    Me: Whoa whoa, I never said they all were, I'm just saying I-

    Rusty: RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    Thats not my mistake. You don't watch classics like, say Pulp Fiction like dezz pointed out lol. So yeah I was right there lol.



    RUdyy: I watched Titanic and the Notebook!!!1!1!!1 Star wars suxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #6270
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    you still insisted it had to be classic because it was shown on TCM. That ain't my fault Thats not my mistake. You don't watch classics like, say Pulp Fiction like dezz pointed out lol. So yeah I was right there lol.



    RUdyy: I watched Titanic and the Notebook!!!1!1!!1 Star wars suxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I never ever said the Notebook and the Titanic were classics. Now you are just lying. And are you insinuating Pulp Fiction is the only classic?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts