+ Reply to Thread
Page 640 of 814 FirstFirst ... 140540590630638639640641642650690740 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 8133
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    To me it was stupid to make it even on a much lower scale. That's how dumb it is.

Agreeeeeeed.....she could have made her (stupid) point some other way just the same
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post

Agreeeeeeed.....she could have made her (stupid) point some other way just the same
    She doesn't even have to compare it to anything. Just say it's injustice, which it is.
    I thought we had something special!!!

She doesn't even have to compare it to anything. Just say it's injustice, which it is.
    DAMMIT RUDYY I JUST SAID THAT =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

DAMMIT RUDYY I JUST SAID THAT =P
    ALRIGHT YOU KNOW WHAT, CLEARLY YOU ARE ON YOUR PERIOD TODAY...

I'M JUST GOING TO LEAVE YOU ALONE FOREVER BYE

ALRIGHT YOU KNOW WHAT, CLEARLY YOU ARE ON YOUR PERIOD TODAY...

I'M JUST GOING TO LEAVE YOU ALONE FOREVER BYE
    lmao

fo evah? fo evah evah? FO EVAH EVAH
    Oderint Dum Metuant

lmao

fo evah? fo evah evah? FO EVAH EVAH
    lmao, is that from Outkast?

She isn't comparing the levels of injustice. Seriously, did you even read the article you're arguing about?

and no, this is not intended in any way to compare the vast evil of Jim Crow to an incompetent NCAA investigation
    http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...pocrisy-080813

She is merely juxtaposing their roles as a "tipping point," and drawing a parallel to another familiar tipping point. Rosa Parks is mentioned a total of TWO times in the entire article, and both with heavy prefacing.

First time she is mentioned, this ensued:
    On a much less historically significant scale, so it is with Johnny Football — and no, this is not intended in any way to compare the vast evil of Jim Crow to an incompetent NCAA investigation, or to slings from TV commentators.
    Second time she is mentioned, this ensued:
    My comparison of Johnny Football to Rosa Parks, a brave and willing American hero, is based only on Manziel's role as a tipping point.
    They are both injustices which were defied, and the defiers now serve as a "tipping point."

You act as if the writer was like "and on the second autograph he signed, it was like when they took Rosa to see the judge." None of that is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    She isn't comparing the levels of injustice. Seriously, did you even read the article you're arguing about?

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...pocrisy-080813

She is merely juxtaposing their roles as a "tipping point," and drawing a parallel to another familiar tipping point. Rosa Parks is mentioned a total of TWO times in the entire article, and both with heavy prefacing.

First time she is mentioned, this ensued:

Second time she is mentioned, this ensued:

They are both injustices which were defied, and the defiers now serve as a "tipping point."

You act as if the writer was like "and on the second autograph he signed, it was like when they took Rosa to see the judge." None of that is going on.
    Drawing a parallel...yeah, comparing.

I'm not trying to compare the two.....but I kinda sorta am..OH BUT IT'S TOTALLY NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL THOUGH.....just...comparing..

Drawing a parallel...yeah, comparing.

I'm not trying to compare the two.....but I kinda sorta am..OH BUT IT'S TOTALLY NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL THOUGH.....just...comparing..
    She doesn't compare the two levels of injustice, she is clear in her intent that she isn't comparing them. She's blatantly clear that the only mention of Rosa Parks stems from her role as a tipping point.

You've falsely thought that she was trying to say they're similar, right here:

The injustice of going to jail because you're black and you sat in the "white section" of the bus is different than the injustice of being penalized for a college athlete selling autographs. I understand where she is coming from with trying to tie the two together, because they both ARE injustices, but the two acts are on a different level on injustice. Which is why the article is completely insane IMO.
    And you've admirably backtracked out of that statement once you realized that the levels of injustice were never even, in the slightest bit, an intended comparison by the author. And since that false belief was your justification for "why the article is completely insane," you have no basis (unless you fabricate a new reason) to believe it's an insane piece.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    She doesn't compare the two levels of injustice, she is clear in her intent that she isn't comparing them. She's blatantly clear that the only mention of Rosa Parks stems from her role as a tipping point.

You've falsely thought that she was trying to say they're similar, right here:

And you've admirably backtracked out of that statement once you realized that the levels of injustice were never even, in the slightest bit, an intended comparison by the author. And since that false belief was your justification for "why the article is completely insane," you have no basis (unless you fabricate a new reason) to believe it's an insane piece.
    I did not backtrack once. She is is still comparing them, and I still believe she is comparing them, no matter how hard she tries to deny it. It doesn't matter if it's on a less significant level, she's still drawing parallel.