+ Reply to Thread
Page 717 of 814 FirstFirst ... 217617667707715716717718719727767 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,170 of 8138

Thread: The Freaking Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    What did he do?

printing, then he went into opening a business with some guy who put more $$ than my dad did so my dad worked there all week. The other owner said we weren't making money, so he can't pay him until they pay all of the bills.

My dad was worried, and it got all ****ed up.

Now my dad can't really go back into printing because it's very difficult.

What did he do?
    He ran that pizza joint with that shady partner that screwed him. Something like that. If I remember correctly, the partner needed a huge advance on the tax money which Moke's father didn't have, essentially forcing him to sell his share in the business to cover the expense,

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    He ran that pizza joint with that shady partner that screwed him. Something like that. If I remember correctly, the partner needed a huge advance on the tax money which Moke's father didn't have, essentially forcing him to sell his share in the business to cover the expense,

Pretty much did this, but his partner was pretty much a ******bag about all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Pretty much did this, but his partner was pretty much a ******bag about all of it.
    Yeah, I remember thinking that the partner was a huge ****.

printing, then he went into opening a business with some guy who put more $$ than my dad did so my dad worked there all week. The other owner said we weren't making money, so he can't pay him until they pay all of the bills.

My dad was worried, and it got all ****ed up.

Now my dad can't really go back into printing because it's very difficult.
    Ouch, that sucks. I never understood the concept of buying a job, unless it's a slam-dunk deal.

Did the partner attempt to buy out your father's share at a lower rate? That's normally how those deals go down.

Yeah, I remember thinking that the partner was a huge ****.

He had a lot of $$ and my dad busted his arse over there

Ouch, that sucks. I never understood the concept of buying a job, unless it's a slam-dunk deal.

Did the partner attempt to buy out your father's share at a lower rate? That's normally how those deals go down.
    Yeah, that's why my parents argue...because we all told my father not to do it.

And no, his partner just said what I told you

**** move.

I know a few successful restaurateurs. I hear a lot about people going in as minority partners, but still putting up a substantial amount (say, $100K). The business doesn't do well, primarily because the major shareholder/reputable restaurateur sits on his hands. Small shareholder can't get paid, and instead of lose his entire investment, he settles to be bought out at, say, 40 Gs.

60K in free money for the major shareholder, and then he buckles down to fix the business.

**** move.

I know a few successful restaurateurs. I hear a lot about people going in as minority partners, but still putting up a substantial amount (say, $100K). The business does no good, primarily because the major shareholder/reputable restaurateur sits on his hands. Small shareholder can't get paid, and instead of lose his entire investment, he settles to be bought out at, say, 40 Gs.

60K in free money for the major shareholder, and then he buckles down to fix the business.

Yeah, except that all of his investment is pretty much gone. My dad is looking into it.

Yeah, except that all of his investment is pretty much gone. My dad is looking into it.
    Looking into it to do what?

+ Reply to Thread