+ Reply to Thread
Page 721 of 812 FirstFirst ... 221621671711719720721722723731771 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,210 of 8111
    My girlfriend keeps tellingme to write my own notes by reading the textbook, but I find that really annoying because I write notes in class....what's the point of having to waste time and doing that?
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    All too often, my clicks on this website become unresponsive. It still recognizes what I go to click on as links, but it just doesn't register.

Only with Safari, and only on this website, though, so it's definitely not a hardware issue.
    I've been having a similar issue with Chrome. Like if I got to click on the "Entertainment" link to get to the forum sub-page it doesn't do anything. I also randomly get signed out and back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I've been having a similar issue with Chrome. Like if I got to click on the "Entertainment" link to get to the forum sub-page it doesn't do anything. I also randomly get signed out and back in.

That's my issue as well, we are all experiencing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    My girlfriend keeps tellingme to write my own notes by reading the textbook, but I find that really annoying because I write notes in class....what's the point of having to waste time and doing that?
    Because it's a far more active, and therefore effective, way of learning and processing material.

If you just write what's being sent your way, it's passive, even if you reinforce what you learned with textbook reading. Forming your own notes, while harder, contextualizes information, and you gain a better understanding of what you're trying to learn.

Not too sure what you mean? She says you should take notes while you read? I mean, that makes sense. Unless of course your profs only go over what's in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Not too sure what you mean? She says you should take notes while you read? I mean, that makes sense. Unless of course your profs only go over what's in the book.
    Taking notes yeah, as in typing them... I really hate that, I guess I can always write in a notepad or something... I think there is a much more memorization when you're actually writing with a pen

Haha!!!!

Taking notes yeah, as in typing them... I really hate that, I guess I can always write in a notepad or something... I think there is a much more memorization when you're actually writing with a pen
    Take notes in whichever way works for you. I agree, though, I have a much higher retention when I physically write something than when I type it.

I hate typing my notes. I'm an excellent typist, but the information just doesn't stick with me. I have to write them by hand.
    Uh..go Giants?