+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 814 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199599 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    GMOs aren't in everything, only certain crops are genetically modified in the US like corn,soy,beet,rapeseed and cottonseed. Non-organic doesn't necessarily mean its genetically modified. Also just because something is labeled organic doesn't necessarily mean its 100% organic or organic at all. Nothing can be truly 100% organic anyway technically because of runoff and other contamination factors, but you just have to know where your food comes from.

I'm not a vegan by any means, I love my chicken,turkey and beef. It just sucks because just reading the labels aren't enough. I can go on and on about this forever lol I'll just save you the long winded post and say checkout this link and do some research you will be surprised. http://www.gmo-compass.org/eng/groce...gineering.html
    GMO's are in most foods nowadays, not in everything, but it's showing up in a lot of our foods. And you're right about the 100% organic statement.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    GMO's are in most foods nowadays, not in everything, but it's showing up in a lot of our foods. And you're right about the 100% organic statement.
    Just eliminate foods with corn,soy,canola oil, cottonseed oil,beets or anything derived from them. Its hard but not impossible, there are plenty of substitutes out there.

Just eliminate foods with corn,soy,canola oil, cottonseed oil,beets or anything derived from them. Its hard but not impossible, there are plenty of substitutes out there.
    Yeah true.

But basically, I'm not a murderer for ordering a burger LOL

Banned
    Yeah true.

Na, that's dumb. They do have a point about pollution though, I forget the name of the farm but there is one out in Colorado that has so many cows their air quality is worse than Beijing's because of all the methane from the cows. Now that **** is crazy.

Na, that's dumb. They do have a point about pollution though, I forget the name of the farm but there is one out in Colorado that has so many cows their air quality is worse than Beijing's because of all the methane from the cows. Now that **** is crazy.
    I agree with the health aspects of it. Honestly, that's the only reason I would become a vegan.

and I love animals to death.

Yeah true.

Actually, the whole meat is murder thing irks me. Murder is unlawful homicide. Homicide, by definition means killing a human. Unless that steak I ate is actually Soylent Green, it's not human.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Actually, the whole meat is murder thing irks me. Murder is unlawful homicide. Homicide, by definition means killing a human. Unless that steak I ate is actually Soylent Green, it's not human.
    But but...it has feelings. That is why they consider it murderous, regardless if it's human or not.

But but...it has feelings. That is why they consider it murderous, regardless if it's human or not.
    It's still not murderous. I suppose killing other sentient creatures isn't the nicest thing, however, if that killing is for the purpose of using the animal as food, clothing, or some other benefit, then I am not necessarily against it. I'm not a fan of killing for sport.

But, then again, I'm an avowed speciesist.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    It's still not murderous. I suppose killing other sentient creatures isn't the nicest thing, however, if that killing is for the purpose of using the animal as food, clothing, or some other benefit, then I am not necessarily against it. I'm not a fan of killing for sport.

But, then again, I'm an avowed speciesist.
    Well that's their reasoning...figure it out yourself lol.

What other purpose were animals put on this Earth for? To balance the ecosystem and to provide as you said a benefit for humans. The freaking cheetahs hunt down gazelles to eat and survive. They don't give a **** about the gazelles feelings. Now I don't think you should beat and abuse animals, or electrocute chickens (Reportedly KFC does that).

Well that's their reasoning...figure it out yourself lol.

What other purpose were animals put on this Earth for? To balance the ecosystem and to provide as you said a benefit for humans. The freaking cheetahs hunt down gazelles to eat and survive. They don't give a **** about the gazelles feelings. Now I don't think you should beat and abuse animals, or electrocute chickens (Reportedly KFC does that).
    But, a cheetah doesn't have the intellectual, moral, or physical characteristics needed to 1) not not eat other animals and 2) stop and consider whether or not the gazelle can feel pain.

But, most importantly, humanity has advanced to a level where we no longer need to sustain ourselves with animal products. A cheetah has a biological imperative to eat a gazelle, whereas we'll eat a gazelle simply because we may find it tasty. We might hide the gazelle's skin into leather (is that even possible? lol), and wear it as clothes or fashion a couch out of it, but we don't need to.