+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have a serious question: Why do we NEVER have wide open receivers like other teams? Saints, Packers, Cowboys, Falcons etc..

I have to think one big reason is the fact that we don't have a TE to take pressure off our receivers & give them a little more cushion.

Another has to be Kevin Kill-a-Drive. His offense is far too complex which is why we CONSTANTLY every game have miscommunications..

Are we one of the only teams who has this many miscommunications on defense AND offense?
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: I have a serious question: Why do we NEVER have wide open receivers like other teams? Saints, Packers, Cowboys, Falcons etc..

giants are one of, if not the, best big play offensive teams in the nfl....not sure what you're talking about.

Re: I have a serious question: Why do we NEVER have wide open receivers like other teams? Saints, Packers, Cowboys, Falcons etc..

Eli Manning has thrown for 4500 Yards. Either

A- Guys are getting open

B- He is the best QB of all time because 4500 yards is a lot if the guys are NEVER open as you've stipulated above.

-JD

It's a simple question. Why do we never have wide open receivers like other teams do?

I didn't say we don't have receivers that can make big plays. I simply said we never get any easy plays for the most part.

It seems like most plays we make has to be a spectacular catch.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

we don't have a run game, so teams drop more in coverage?

I think you'd have a reasonable post if you limit your complaining to the goal line.

You frequently see teams like Green Bay, New England, New Orleans run pass plays at the goal line which end up with a tight end all alone at the back of the end zone. Somehow our goal line pass plays are restricted to fades.

what we don't have are those good 5 to 7 yard dink-n-dunk plays like your "west coast" style
    systems employ.these are great for moving the chains when the running game stutters.
    do you notice on 3rd and 5 type plays we try 20 yard passes or an inside draw instead of that 6 yard quick hitter for a first down....like everybody we play does to us.
    we are all about the vertical game.
    its too bad too.....cuz that would take us to another level offensively.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

We had a lot of explosive plays this year. Stop blaming Gilbride...U think he has the ONLY complexed playbook in the league? Patriots have a tough complexed offense that Chad Ochocinco is still trying to understand. We just have dumb players who arent always on the same page as Eli. Our Receivers need to GROW in this offense, the sad thing is....Reese always letting young weapons walk in the offseason. How can u not have miscommunications when Reese takes away a weapon from Eli every single season. Last year alone we lost Boss and Steve Smith...and we had guys learning the slot for the 1st time. So stop blaming Gilbride for mistakes thats going to happen when having young guys. The Saints, Packers, Cowboys etc. kept their weapons on the roster for a long time...they only release veterans when they kno they have a young guy ready to carry the load.

Reese throws his young guys into the fire whether they are ready or not....Its almost a trial and error thing with Reese.

I believe that if you watch the first Cowboy game Manningham was very wide open and skipped into the end zone.How quickly we forget.
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]I have to think one big reason is the fact that we don't have a TE to take pressure off our receivers & give them a little more cushion.

Another has to be Kevin Kill-a-Drive. His offense is far too complex which is why we CONSTANTLY every game have miscommunications..

Are we one of the only teams who has this many miscommunications on defense AND offense?
    [/quote]

When Nicks dropped the pass from Manning 2 weeks ago if that's not WIDE OPEN then I'm missing your definition of the term WIDE OPEN. He was 10 yards clear of the Skins defenders & whoops dropped another one.