+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Michael Williams - Replacement for Bennett

Michael Williams TE - Alabama

Great Blocker. Not alot of Receiving stats bc he was never really used in the passing offense. Knows the Pro Style offense. Great Run Blocker and Pass Blocker (stayed in on most pass plays). He can be had in the 5-7 round.

What do you guys think?

Like him as a 5th rounder as he does have some receiving skills. Like Travis Kelce better though. He would be my guy.

Thers more complete TE's but Williams could be a solid Howard Cross type player for us.. Theres enough blocking plus recieving TE's though.. Nick Kasa, the former DE, is very intriguing and his upside is pretty high, and Dion Sims is kinda a Martellus Bennett type, and then u got Travis Kelce, whos a good blocker, but also can stretch a defense with solid speed, and the verstatile Vance McDonald, who can line up in many spots and moves well with the ball in his hands.. A good group of TE's..

I really like Zach Sudfeld as a late rd TE.. But, Williams isn't a bad idea either if we wait on TE till late..

Yea, Williams more of an extra OL than a TE...

Still think he should be moved to OT like Joe Staley or Jason Peters

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Yea, Williams more of an extra OL than a TE...

Still think he should be moved to OT like Joe Staley or Jason Peters
    I could see him having a long career as a Howard Cross type, never really being big in the recieving aspect of the game, albeit a few big redzone catches, but makes his living being a ex blocker...

I'd love to get him. He needs to improve on his pass catching skills. They're not bad, just needs some work. His route running is decent though. I'd want him strictly for the immediate help he'd give our OL and running game.

Vance McDonald would be a SICK TE to get. It all depends on when we decide to go for a TE. I like that we can get Williams later.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    Michael Williams TE - Alabama

Great Blocker. Not alot of Receiving stats bc he was never really used in the passing offense. Knows the Pro Style offense. Great Run Blocker and Pass Blocker (stayed in on most pass plays). He can be had in the 5-7 round.

What do you guys think?
    Well you'd be asking the wrong guy if you ask me. I would be bias. I moved down here to South Alabama back in 97 for a job (transplanted from Connecticut) and slowly but surely became a Bama Fan. I love the kid. I seen him play many times and also watched him catch that TD pass in back of endzone in the Senior Bowl. I was there. I think he would do great in our system
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

He just ran a 5.4 40 at his Pro Day and struggled in the shuttle.

i wonder if hes the prospect that coach pope was talking about recently. i think it was patricia traina who tweeted pope loves an under the radar TE prospect...maybe its this dude but i doubt it. we'll find out draft day when we pick a TE

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    He just ran a 5.4 40 at his Pro Day and struggled in the shuttle.
    Yah keep him away after this.. no excuse for this.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson