+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Philip Rivers for Eli Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by blueribbon View Post
    2005 was a great Giant draft. No 1st rounder then Webster in the 2nd, Tuck in the 3rd and Jacobs in the 4th. Not bad at all. We also picked up Blackburn as a UDFA that year.
    ^^
    This
    "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

Osi, Hakeem, Snee, Tuck, JPP in that order.

Bradshaw, 7th round.

Has to be Bradshaw!!! No brainer for the value.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    If its value Id say Justin Tuck to.

The Best player is probably Jason Pierre Paul but we just dont have the body of work yet to claim that,
    Ya, i'm talking both Value and production.. JPP wasen't really insane value at the time, as he went around where he was perdicted to go, even though hes starting to provide great value for that pick where we got em, as u said, not enough yrs yet, and also the value wasen't as great as it was getting tuck in the 3rd...

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLUE24 View Post
    Has to be Bradshaw!!! No brainer for the value.
    No doubt, he was good value, but over a premier pass rusher that u get in the 3rd rd? Not to mention, Tuck has played a heck of alot more then Bradshaw for us, and has anchored or been a key cog of the positon that has defined this great era in giants football, which is the defensive end...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    No doubt, he was good value, but over a premier pass rusher that u get in the 3rd rd? Not to mention, Tuck has played a heck of alot more then Bradshaw for us, and has anchored or been a key cog of the positon that has defined this great era in giants football, which is the defensive end...
    Bradshaw is looked at by the fans a lot more favorably then his actual production.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, i'm talking both Value and production.. JPP wasen't really insane value at the time, as he went around where he was perdicted to go, even though hes starting to provide great value for that pick where we got em, as u said, not enough yrs yet, and also the value wasen't as great as it was getting tuck in the 3rd...
    I kinda agree. If you are talking 1 pick with no other factors weighed in, then maybe Bradshaw. But lets say we dont draft AB then we dont trade Ryan Grant either most likely and we still would have had a decent run game.

If you say we dont draft Tuck, then the last 5 years go VERY differently.

I mean, Bradshaw as a supplemental 7th rounder is pretty tough to beat, as is Tuck in the 3rd. Next year, though, I think Jaquain Williams puts himself into consideration...