+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ratings for CBs in the draft

I am not a draft guru at all, was wondering if some of you that are could weigh in on these guys and there value at the rounds projected:

1 Xavier Rhodes/Desmond Trufant
    2 David Amerson/Darius Slay
    3 Blidi Wreh-Wilson
    4 Tharold Simon
    5 Terry Hawthore/Sanders Commings

I basically sought out the guys that had good size and speed, as I was thinking of our division opponents being big and quick with their WRs sets....

Should Be Dee Millner Ran the fastest CB 40 Time. followed by rhodes and Co. Jordan Poyer should probably be #4.

Im a big fan or Poyer. Wouldnt be upset if we got him in the second round. Logan Ryan CB Rutgers may also be a option for us in the 2nd or 3rd. I would also like it if the Giants took a chance on the Honey Badger in the 3rd or later.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Should Be Dee Millner Ran the fastest CB 40 Time. followed by rhodes and Co. Jordan Poyer should probably be #4.
    Well keep in mind...I also listed these ones because they are realistic picks for us in these rounds. Dee will not be there when we pick at 19. Jordan Poyer I don't know much about......is he slated for 1st round?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Im a big fan or Poyer. Wouldnt be upset if we got him in the second round. Logan Ryan CB Rutgers may also be a option for us in the 2nd or 3rd. I would also like it if the Giants took a chance on the Honey Badger in the 3rd or later.
    Why do we need the next Pac man? We have Hosley for the slot......why do we need a CB that hasn't played football for a year?

Really don't want Amerson anywhere near the Giants big board. The guy takes way too many chances and got burned up the wazoo last year. Don't like him as a fit in the Giants scheme at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I have Jordan Poyer number 2 behind Milliner.. I know most won't agree, but they also didn't when i had Casey Hayward ranked 2nd last yr, and he turned out to be one of the best players in the draft period, let alone CB..

1). Dee Milliner CB Bama
    2). Jordan Poyer CB Org St
    3). Xavier Rhodes CB Fla St.
    4). Jamar Taylor CB Boise St.
    5). Desmond Trufant CB Washington
    6). Darius Slay CB Miss St.
    7). Jonathan Banks CB Miss St.
    8). Blidi Wreh Wilson CB UCONN
    9). Will Davis CB Utah St.
    10). Logan Ryan CB Rutgers

Next in line- Leon McFadden SD St, Tharold Simon lsu, Terry Hawthorne Ill, Brandon McGee Miami...

When i first started noticing and talking about Darius Slay and Jamar Taylor, they were like 4th-6th rd prospects, and i wrote on these very boards, that , that was ridiculous and they are huge sleepers, and over time, they both moved up to 2nd rd status and tore up combine.. My point is that stick to ur guns and who u like.. Its exactly why when draft comes around, its never what rankings suggest, and u see so many surprises, because NFL teams aren't making the big boards and prospect rankings aroudn the web, its people with opinions, like u and I.. I see what i see, and don't care about rankings..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I have Jordan Poyer number 2 behind Milliner.. I know most won't agree, but they also didn't when i had Casey Hayward ranked 2nd last yr, and he turned out to be one of the best players in the draft period, let alone CB..

1). Dee Milliner CB Bama
    2). Jordan Poyer CB Org St
    3). Xavier Rhodes CB Fla St.
    4). Jamar Taylor CB Boise St.
    5). Desmond Trufant CB Washington
    6). Darius Slay CB Miss St.
    7). Jonathan Banks CB Miss St.
    8). Blidi Wreh Wilson CB UCONN
    9). Will Davis CB Utah St.
    10). Logan Ryan CB Rutgers

Next in line- Leon McFadden SD St, Tharold Simon lsu, Terry Hawthorne Ill, Brandon McGee Miami...
    I would like Jamar Taylor in the 2nd rd, if the Giants did not get Rhodes or Trufant in the st rd. Another guy from UConn that I like nycsportzfan, is Dwayne Gratz. Maybe 4th rd? I have him in my latest mock I posted yesterday.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    I would like Jamar Taylor in the 2nd rd, if the Giants did not get Rhodes or Trufant in the st rd. Another guy from UConn that I like nycsportzfan, is Dwayne Gratz. Maybe 4th rd? I have him in my latest mock I posted yesterday.
    Ya, theres a ton of good CB's in this yrs draft.. Jamar Taylor is a cool dude as well.. I read a interview he did, and liked what he was saying.. Hes a physical corner with plenty of speed that he showed at the combine, and has great size at 5ft 11in 192lbs, and he really mixes it up in the run game, as shows with his 51tackles, 3.5TFL, 2.5Sacks.. Also, he added 9PD and 4picks.. This kid can flat out ball..