+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams lining up for Cruz

Teams lining up for Cruz

Have read numerous articles that teams are supposedly lining up to make Cruz an offer once FA starts. Public knowledge indicates the GMen will put a first round tender on him so if a team makes him an offer we don't match. We get their 1st round pick. Because the Rams have 2 first round draft picks, I've been hearing they very well use one of those picks to make Cruz a substantial long term offer.

Obviously tampering allegations would be enforced if a team publicly expressed the interest to make an offer to an RFA prior to the FA period, so this all could be a smoke screen being produced by Cruz's agent to create some urgency from the Giants FO, so no one really knows. But the past 2 days I've been hearing more and more of this.

Personally, I would love to give Cruz up for a 1st round pick. He's 26 years old, we have Nicks and Randle is looking to break out this year. We could lock down a stud OL and LB/CB with 2 picks in the first round, get considerably younger and have more cap space to sign Nicks to a long term deal. If Cruz does indeed leave for a 1st round pick, 3 picks within the first 2 rounds would do wonders for us. Just my opinion, but with Eli at the helm, he makes everyone around him better. And with a beast, young OL and running game, Eli will have even more time to pick apart defenses. And if Cruz leaves, I can't see him having the success he has had in NY elsewhere....because of Eli.

I've heard quite the opposite, because he's a UFA and the Giants will likely put a first round tender on him..teams aren't going to go for that. Adam Shefter said it was highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I've heard quite the opposite, because he's a UFA and the Giants will likely put a first round tender on him..teams aren't going to go for that. Adam Shefter said it was highly unlikely.
    Cruz is RFA. It is highly unlikely, but it could happen.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I thought a team that was picking at the end of the 1st last year, would give it up for Mike Wallace.. Never happened

a 1st round pick and signing Cruz to a big contract is a big price to pay..

Personally, I would love to give Cruz up for a 1st round pick. He's 26 years old, we have Nicks and Randle is looking to break out this year.
    I will just NEVER understand some of you people.... Do you watch the Giants? You would love to give up Cruz for a #1 pick? Are you high? Cruz is the oil that makes the offense run. Nicks is ALWAYS hurting with nagging injuries, Randle is somewhat still unproven, but I think he could fill Nicks spot. I honestly, truely can not fathem what some of you say on this board sometimes.

Cruz, Eli, JPP are all worth well more then just a lat first round pick, which is what the Giants would get.

If we lose Cruz, we might as well start rebioulding IMO. Cut Rolle, Webster, Snee, Tuck, anyone over 30.... Cause if Cruz leaves, we wont be able to replace him. We got EXTREMELY lucky he emerged after we lost Smith. Cruz IMO is a top 10, if not top 5 WR in this league with a HUGE impact on the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Cruz is RFA. It is highly unlikely, but it could happen.
    Yeah, RFA.

He will lose a few million in endorsements also. Have yet to see any NYG player that left do well with another team over the past 4 or 5 years.

Cruz will be as good as the QB that is throwing him the ball and thats a fact Jack lol.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Tough decision if he ends up costing that much vs another 1st rounder. Id hate to see him leave. I think we find a way to keep him though.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    Have read numerous articles that teams are supposedly lining up to make Cruz an offer once FA starts. Public knowledge indicates the GMen will put a first round tender on him so if a team makes him an offer we don't match. We get their 1st round pick. Because the Rams have 2 first round draft picks, I've been hearing they very well use one of those picks to make Cruz a substantial long term offer.

Obviously tampering allegations would be enforced if a team publicly expressed the interest to make an offer to an RFA prior to the FA period, so this all could be a smoke screen being produced by Cruz's agent to create some urgency from the Giants FO, so no one really knows. But the past 2 days I've been hearing more and more of this.

Personally, I would love to give Cruz up for a 1st round pick. He's 26 years old, we have Nicks and Randle is looking to break out this year. We could lock down a stud OL and LB/CB with 2 picks in the first round, get considerably younger and have more cap space to sign Nicks to a long term deal. If Cruz does indeed leave for a 1st round pick, 3 picks within the first 2 rounds would do wonders for us. Just my opinion, but with Eli at the helm, he makes everyone around him better. And with a beast, young OL and running game, Eli will have even more time to pick apart defenses. And if Cruz leaves, I can't see him having the success he has had in NY elsewhere....because of Eli.
    So you would "love" to give up a premier WR that 31 other teams wish they drafted, for some unproven rookie? Psychotropic drugs much?

Cruz is a great NFL talent and a once in a decade personality to go with it. Eli doesn't have as much to do with his success as you might think.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

I see this as win/win for the Giants. Either a first round pick or one more year of Cruz on the cheap. Either way we win...

+ Reply to Thread