+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams lining up for Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Well we know the Patriots don't play that game = Ballard
    Yeah, not quite a high profile player but I hear ya.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    You play like the NY Jets
    HAHAHA hilarious!

Veteran
    If Cruz doesn't want to settle for anything less then top-5 WR money (supposedly), might as well get a first round pick for him before we lose him and get nothing in return

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    Have read numerous articles that teams are supposedly lining up to make Cruz an offer once FA starts. Public knowledge indicates the GMen will put a first round tender on him so if a team makes him an offer we don't match. We get their 1st round pick. Because the Rams have 2 first round draft picks, I've been hearing they very well use one of those picks to make Cruz a substantial long term offer.

Obviously tampering allegations would be enforced if a team publicly expressed the interest to make an offer to an RFA prior to the FA period, so this all could be a smoke screen being produced by Cruz's agent to create some urgency from the Giants FO, so no one really knows. But the past 2 days I've been hearing more and more of this.

Personally, I would love to give Cruz up for a 1st round pick. He's 26 years old, we have Nicks and Randle is looking to break out this year. We could lock down a stud OL and LB/CB with 2 picks in the first round, get considerably younger and have more cap space to sign Nicks to a long term deal. If Cruz does indeed leave for a 1st round pick, 3 picks within the first 2 rounds would do wonders for us. Just my opinion, but with Eli at the helm, he makes everyone around him better. And with a beast, young OL and running game, Eli will have even more time to pick apart defenses. And if Cruz leaves, I can't see him having the success he has had in NY elsewhere....because of Eli.
    Links?

I would love to see the list of teams that are lining up to give us a first round draft pick AND pay Cruz $10M per year. My guess is that the list, if there even is one, looks like this:

Raiders
    Jets

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    I totally agree with you 100%!!! now im not saying to break the bank on him but give Cruz a great offer. Stop me if i'm not right but the 2011 superbowl run......would it have had happened without Cruz? think about it how many games he saved for us. Cruz is worth the money.
    It was Hakeem Nicks who was unstoppable in that play off run.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Links?

I would love to see the list of teams that are lining up to give us a first round draft pick AND pay Cruz $10M per year. My guess is that the list, if there even is one, looks like this:

Raiders
    Jets
    Posted link earlier in thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Links?

Raiders
    Jets
    3rd or 9th overall for Cruz? That would be huge but I doubt it would ever happen.

Quite frankly.....even with the 1st round pick, I'd be ******* pissed. Cruz is a rags to riches, bonafide hometown hero.....and Eli's saftey net. You don't let just let a guy like that walk.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

All-Pro
    Don't think anyone wants to see Cruz leave, but it could be interesting if they did land another 1st round pick. Not all picks work out but Reese has been great in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Don't think anyone wants to see Cruz leave, but it could be interesting if they did land another 1st round pick. Not all picks work out but Reese has been great in the 1st round.
    That is correct. Reese has been phenomenal with his 1st round selections. I'm not buying some team wanting to give into Cruz's demands (Going to be more than Bowe's $10mil a year contract) and giving up a 1st round pick but if it does happen, we need to launch Operation Clowney.

+ Reply to Thread