"But Victor Cruz is the most interesting. The New York Giants slot receiver will almost certainly receive a first-round tender if the team can't work out a long-term deal with him. And from what I hear, there is already a ton of interest and plenty of teams just waiting for their opening."
It just might be convenient for other teams, that view cruz's overall play as a number 1 receiver to pay/ relinquish the 1st round pick for his proven veteran acheivments over an unproven; in a position that is the hardest to transition to the pro level from college.
read into it however you like, but when it comes to the draft/ free agency / teams looking to spark life into their fan base and generate revenue. Nothing is impossible.
This board will crash if another team picks up Cruz as a RFA. I can already imagine the tears if it happens.
3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick
1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF
Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-08-2013 at 01:57 PM.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1