+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams lining up for Cruz

This thread has given me a headache

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    This thread has given me a headache
    Take two.......
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Yeah, there is a lot of stuff to consider. You don't pay Cruz, the rookie will be cheap, and we've picked pretty good players in round 1 under Reese.
    The issue simply seems to be that "elite" player salaries seem to be increasing faster than the CAP can keep up. It's going to get to a point that you can only afford 1 or 2 of these players past their rookie contracts or you will have too many resources tied into a handful of players. Do we want to put our eggs into only a few baskets or spread them out more evenly? I just can't see the Giants tying up big money into 2 WRs either unless we somehow acquire Nicks on an injury bargain deal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It would be a loss, but we would just move on. I would think our chance at contending could be in jeopardy though.
    Are you serious? Cruz got the lion's share of looks this season and put up decent numbers, but performed worse than guys like Mike Williams of Tampa Bay. Not having Cruz on the team will suck, but it will not cripple us, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Are you serious? Cruz got the lion's share of looks this season and put up decent numbers, but performed worse than guys like Mike Williams of Tampa Bay. Not having Cruz on the team will suck, but it will not cripple us, sorry.
    Where did I say it would cripple us?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Banned
    Where did I say it would cripple us?
    "It could jeopardize our chances at contention" Considering we have been contenders virtually every year that Coughlin/Eli have been here, yeah I would say that was your implication.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    "It could jeopardize our chances at contention" Considering we have been contenders virtually every year that Coughlin/Eli have been here, yeah I would say that was your implication.
    My position has always been we are at our best with Nicks and Cruz on the field together. If we mess with that, it's not a stretch to think we will not be as effective.

Banned
    My position has always been we are at our best with Nicks and Cruz on the field together. If we mess with that, it's not a stretch to think we will not be as effective.
    Saying that we will not be as effective is a very vague statement from which the effects of such can/will vary greatly, where saying that we will not be contenders is more of a finite statement and are two totally different things in my eyes. Cruz will not make or break us as far as being contenders are concerned, as we saw this past season he had the most targets yet did not put up the same numbers in comparison to other WRs around the league that did. On the other hand, when Nicks is healthy and sees the most balls thrown his way the team fires on all cylinders which leads me to believe that Nicks, not Cruz is the common denominator to our success(as far as Wrs are concerned).

We are def gonna put a 1st round tender on him, which would be given to us next year in the draft right??
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    We are def gonna put a 1st round tender on him, which would be given to us next year in the draft right??
    No, this year.

+ Reply to Thread