+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Teams lining up for Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Over the last two years, Cruz is the 5th leading receiver
    Exactly, it's like people are doubting him because he's a slot receiver, comparing him to Clayton from the Cowboys when he was a deep threat in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    Exactly, it's like people are doubting him because he's a slot receiver, comparing him to Clayton from the Cowboys when he was a deep threat in the slot.
    It's interesting that he can put up those numbers and people still question his talent. Life's a *****.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

It's interesting that he can put up those numbers and people still question his talent. Life's a *****.
    It's sad because Giants fans weren't like this before Eli Manning was drafted. I hate to say it, but there's either a lot of band wagon fans who don't remember when our only WR was Chris Calloway, or the years where Tiki Barber was our only offensive threat.

It's as if Giants fans have tasted victory, and get into that Yankees mentality where every year we will win it. I mean don't get me wrong, I want us to win it every year, obviously, but don't act like we're the Steinbrenner of the NFL and can just easily replace someone.

It's sad because Giants fans weren't like this before Eli Manning was drafted. I hate to say it, but there's either a lot of band wagon fans who don't remember when our only WR was Chris Calloway, or the years where Tiki Barber was our only offensive threat.

It's as if Giants fans have tasted victory, and get into that Yankees mentality where every year we will win it. I mean don't get me wrong, I want us to win it every year, obviously, but don't act like we're the Steinbrenner of the NFL and can just easily replace someone.
    Remember, back in the day, it was all about DEFENSE and the running game here.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Remember, back in the day, it was all about DEFENSE and the running game here.
    I miss watching Hampton carry defenders until the whistle was blown.

I still remember Toomer being a kick returner and returning a punt to the house in our old stadium..damn I feel old

I still remember Toomer being a kick returner and returning a punt to the house in our old stadium..damn I feel old
    I remember the days when we just said here we come and ran right at and trough them

# 80

Banned
    I don't think there is any doubt as to how talented Victor Cruz is, the guy is a great WR. I think the big knock that folks have are the key drops this past season as well as the short arming for a number of games after the hit by Ryan Clarke which we lucked out with a penalty on because it was a legal hit. Granted, he is a slot reciever and takes more hits but when the discussion is about top tier money, short arming it and dropping game changing passes on more than one or two occassions is not going to cut it. We always harp on Hakeem Nicks playing hurt and how the coaches should let him heal, which I think they should but the guy is very physical and he doesn't short arm it. Hakeem is our #1 and that is where the top tier money is going to go, IMO.

I hope we keep Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks.

Banned

I love NY Yankees and I have had "debates" with other NY Yankees fans when they claim "our season was a disaster because we didn't win the World Series" and other such comments. Just like I am with NY Giants, as long as NY Yankees are competitive and we make the playoffs or are in the hunt at the end of the regular season, I am happy; winning it all is just gravy.

Banned

I remember that too. I would say we are both getting old but I think some of these old timers here would get upset so I wont. Lol...............

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I remember that too. I would say we are both getting old but I think some of these old timers here would get upset so I wont. Lol...............
    When you talk about Homer Jones, Bob Tucker and Fran, I'll know you've been around a while.

+ Reply to Thread