+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams lining up for Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It is possible, it's not probable.
    Probable is a synonym of possible.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bklyn1028 View Post
    I agree with you...... a lot of a former Giants player the last 5 or so years who left and were COMPLETELY un-successful...... Seems the ones I can remember busted, or wound up on a losing team....I understand they went for the $$...and you can't blame them...but....SS (Ol doc Warren hit the nail on the head with that call)Jake Ballard never played a down with the PatriotsDerrick Ward busted and is now retiredLook at Brandon Jacobs...hated it in San FranShockey never fared that well in N.O.PlaxicoKevin Boss probably screwed himself the most along with Steve SmithGabril Wilson left for a huge contract in I believe Raiders....never panned outBarry Cofield is the only one I can think of that fared well when he left.
    fred Robbins I think did okay for himself. Jacobs never played. MM did the beat but tore ACL
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    Oh another flop. Kamika Mitchell

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Yeah, because he really worked out in Buffalo.

Mitchell was only signed for one year. He served his purpose well here.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I think you are the high one my friend, Nicks is clearly the best receiver on the team, and judging by what has happened so far this offseason, he was clearly the organization's #1 priority as far as WRs are concerned. As far as him being injury prone is concerned, last year was the only year so far he has had injury problems, yet he still played 13 out of the 16 games. Losing a slot receiver is not going to to cripple this team contrary to your belief. Cruz had a great year in 2011, last year he did pretty well also, however he was not a top 10 let alone a top 5 WR last year where he saw the most targets on the team.
    Agree 100% when Nicks isn't on the field the Giants don't have anyone that can win consistently on the outside. Like it or not its easier for a Wr to win on inside rather than it is on the outside. When Nicks wasn't on the field everybody else's production took a significant drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Probable is a synonym of possible.
    And the definition of synonym accounts for discrepancies between use of the intended word, and the synonym-form.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I think you are the high one my friend, Nicks is clearly the best receiver on the team, and judging by what has happened so far this offseason, he was clearly the organization's #1 priority as far as WRs are concerned. As far as him being injury prone is concerned, last year was the only year so far he has had injury problems, yet he still played 13 out of the 16 games. Losing a slot receiver is not going to to cripple this team contrary to your belief. Cruz had a great year in 2011, last year he did pretty well also, however he was not a top 10 let alone a top 5 WR last year where he saw the most targets on the team.
    the difference between Cruz and most slot guys, like say a SS that Was just a possession WR is this.... Cruz had mad YAC turning ordinary short passes into incredible 75 yard plus scoring plays. You don't normally get that with a slot guy

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    And the definition of synonym accounts for discrepancies between use of the intended word, and the synonym-form.
    Roanoke ignored me a long time ago. I am busting chops. You don't think I know this? LOL

Kavika Mitchell played well here

+ Reply to Thread