+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    When moderators delete my threads for no apparent reason, why shouldn't I be critical? I'm a member who frequents here as much as you or any other user. I deserve equal rights.
    I'm not condemning you for your criticism of mods. You can criticize whoever you want...because you have just as much right to do so as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't think so. There seems to be more members here who believe the 1st round pick would be more than worth having Cruz on the team.
    That's if we get a 1st rounder for Cruz.

I don't think so. There seems to be more members here who believe the 1st round pick would be more than worth having Cruz on the team.
    Agree no matter what happens its a business and Reese has to make tough decisions. Anyone that would be calling for Reese's head doesn't understand the business side of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    That's if we get a 1st rounder for Cruz.
    The Giants would have to get a 1st rounder for him. There is no way they tender him at any other level.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Agree no matter what happens its a business and Reese has to make tough decisions. Anyone that would be calling for Reese's head doesn't understand the business side of the game.
    I continue to be optimistic as to Cruz's long term team affiliation being right here
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    I'm sure people calling for Reese's head judge quickly, and then after awhile they'll realize the reasons all behind it. No real fan would question the business side of stuff.

The 1st round pick by itself? Not a chance. The value we could get out of the player and avoiding a likely $12mil a year contract from Cruz could be better in the long run. No way to tell really but all signs seem to be pointing towards Cruz being a Giant in 2013 and then Reese will take things from there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    The 1st round pick by itself? Not a chance. The value we could get out of the player and avoiding a likely $12mil a year contract from Cruz could be better in the long run. No way to tell really but all signs seem to be pointing towards Cruz being a Giant in 2013 and then Reese will take things from there.
    Yeah, there is a lot of stuff to consider. You don't pay Cruz, the rookie will be cheap, and we've picked pretty good players in round 1 under Reese.

I think that's the most likely scenario at this point. Even if tendered, Cruz's value will likely rise just based on the WR pay scale that seems to be emerging. Also remember, they could agree to tender Cruz and within a week, sign him to a long term deal that doesn't really kick in until 2014.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Agree you could pay 3-4 solid guys for 12 mil per year. I think and hope Cruz is a Giant in 2013 and beyond but all is not lost if he leaves.