+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams lining up for Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Maybe Nicks' injuries had something to do with Eli's off year.
    Nicks wasn't throwing the balls.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive92 View Post
    I will be HIGHLY disappointed in Reese & everyone else in the organization if they let Cruz walk.
    if he walks its just the nature of the business! i love Cruz but if he wants to break the bank i wouldnt blame the organization if he walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I've heard quite the opposite, because he's a UFA and the Giants will likely put a first round tender on him..teams aren't going to go for that. Adam Shefter said it was highly unlikely.
    I saw the same late last night. And Adam is never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I will just NEVER understand some of you people.... Do you watch the Giants? You would love to give up Cruz for a #1 pick? Are you high? Cruz is the oil that makes the offense run. Nicks is ALWAYS hurting with nagging injuries, Randle is somewhat still unproven, but I think he could fill Nicks spot. I honestly, truely can not fathem what some of you say on this board sometimes.

Cruz, Eli, JPP are all worth well more then just a lat first round pick, which is what the Giants would get.

If we lose Cruz, we might as well start rebioulding IMO. Cut Rolle, Webster, Snee, Tuck, anyone over 30.... Cause if Cruz leaves, we wont be able to replace him. We got EXTREMELY lucky he emerged after we lost Smith. Cruz IMO is a top 10, if not top 5 WR in this league with a HUGE impact on the offense.
    You have to just let posts like that one go man. People on these boards wanna let Cruz go, and give Bennet 10m a year, lol. Just ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    If we are talking about Cruz, he's a Restricted Free Agent now. He won't be an Unrestricted Free Agent until 2014.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If we are talking about Cruz, he's a Restricted Free Agent now. He won't be an Unrestricted Free Agent until 2014.
    Yes, Adam said it is unlikely any other teams make a move for him, given his 1st round tender.

Yes, Adam said it is unlikely any other teams make a move for him, given his 1st round tender.
    Historically, that has been the case so I think he's right. What does concern me is other teams may believe this is the only shot they will get at Cruz as Reese will ink a long term deal before Cruz is UFA in 2014. Could one or more be CAP set enough and WR poor enough to make the plunge?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Historically, that has been the case so I think he's right. What does concern me is other teams may believe this is the only shot they will get at Cruz as Reese will ink a long term deal before Cruz is UFA in 2014. Could one or more be CAP set enough and WR poor enough to make the plunge?
    Yeh I hear ya, and Im sure people do want Cruz, who wouldnt? But like you have said before its all about the money, and I cant see an owner giving him a HUGE deal that we cant match, plus a 1st rounder for him.

Hell probly get offered about what Bowe got, rightfully so, and I think the Giants will match this.

Yeh I hear ya, and Im sure people do want Cruz, who wouldnt? But like you have said before its all about the money, and I cant see an owner giving him a HUGE deal that we cant match, plus a 1st rounder for him.

Hell probly get offered about what Bowe got, rightfully so, and I think the Giants will match this.
    That's what I'm hoping.

It was Ian Rapoprt who said the opposite. He's not as good as Adam but he has good sources too.

+ Reply to Thread