+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Here's what I'm trying to get at. If we mention Eli, we read about the running game being off, the OLine being off, Nicks being injured.
    well because it is true.
    But, becasue Cruz MIGHT be leaving, everything that went wrong was his fault, won't be effective on another team, etc.. We tend to distance ourselves from players who either leave or dare to test FA as though they were doing us a personal wrong. How many of us would turn down a multi-year, multi-million $$ offer?

Cruz is a talented player whether he's here or somewhere else. I hope he's here for several more years. But if not, we owe him recognition for what he did while he was here.
    First off, Im a huge Cruz fan. And I dont think anyone is saying he was the reason for our woes this year at all. But what you need to understand is while he is a key part of our passing game, he's not the major component in it. And we wouldn't be ruined if he left. We can move on a lot easier losing him, than other guys. People may sound harsh, but after all the business side of the game is just that.

Plus how many players leave teams and then turn in mediocre seasons? Happens time and again. No one knows for sure if that'll be the case with Cruz, but there is a lot of instances in the past to where that very well could end up happening.

Well if Cruz does not get signed I for one will be pissed. One because I think he is a great player and two because I just got a Cruz jersey for christmas....LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan554 View Post
    Well if Cruz does not get signed I for one will be pissed. One because I think he is a great player and two because I just got a Cruz jersey for christmas....LMAO.
    If we trade cruz for a number 1 pick, i also want a 5th round pick too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    well because it is true.
    First off, Im a huge Cruz fan. And I dont think anyone is saying he was the reason for our woes this year at all. But what you need to understand is while he is a key part of our passing game, he's not the major component in it. And we wouldn't be ruined if he left. We can move on a lot easier losing him, than other guys. People may sound harsh, but after all the business side of the game is just that.

Plus how many players leave teams and then turn in mediocre seasons? Happens time and again. No one knows for sure if that'll be the case with Cruz, but there is a lot of instances in the past to where that very well could end up happening.
    We wouldn't be ruined if anyone left. No one says the Oline, the running game, etc, when Cruz is the target of the discussion.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    If we trade cruz for a number 1 pick, i also want a 5th round pick too.
    You can only have one round
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We wouldn't be ruined if anyone left. No one says the Oline, the running game, etc, when Cruz is the target of the discussion.
    Probably because its a totally different situation.

I didn't know you could not get multiple picks... but if we did get 2 first round picks... would it be bad to draft a OG and a OT? just to solidify the oline for a while. I mean it would suck kinda but we still need CB, S, LB, and DT. I feel if we lose cruz maybe we can resign some FA, possibly KP, and be decent, but id really like to have the oline younger and stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    So you would "love" to give up a premier WR that 31 other teams wish they drafted, for some unproven rookie? Psychotropic drugs much?

Cruz is a great NFL talent and a once in a decade personality to go with it. Eli doesn't have as much to do with his success as you might think.
    LOL, very true...who's gonna take over after osi's ballin' and cruz's salsa? davild wilson backflips all day i guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    I didn't know you could not get multiple picks... but if we did get 2 first round picks... would it be bad to draft a OG and a OT? just to solidify the oline for a while. I mean it would suck kinda but we still need CB, S, LB, and DT. I feel if we lose cruz maybe we can resign some FA, possibly KP, and be decent, but id really like to have the oline younger and stronger.
    Yup. If no deal gets done and Cruz gets tendered (and it'd be malpractice by Reese if he doesn't), the most in compensation we'd be able to get would be a 1st round pick. That be the rules.

It used to be that the highest tender was a 1st and 3rd (or was it 5th?), but in the new CBA it was lowered to just the one 1st.

What teams are lining up ?
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.