+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    actually commenting on your SIG. Someone needs to remake it with 2013 but like in shadows or behind a curtain........ Then they can change it to color once we win it. Pipe dream huh..
    Most of the teams with big salary cap numbers are also drafting higher than the Giants. And trading a first round pick for Cruz; which is essentialy what happens, isn't that bad an idea for them; particularly if they don't like the talent at the positions they need high up in the draft. Cruz is proven talent, at least as a #2 receiver, and that may interest teams more than taking a chance on an unproven rookie. Given the numbers Cruz has put up the last two seasons, there may be teams willing to make that trade. The only question is whether the drops, and a few really bad games last season will make people think twice about coughing up a first for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't think so. There seems to be more members here who believe the 1st round pick would be more than worth having Cruz on the team.
    I don't think the ones who believe the #1 pick far out weighs Cruz's talent is that in itself....I think it's more they don't wanna see Cruz hold Reese hostage. And I don't think that will happen. Randle didn't play great, but he wasn't a flop either....there is talent there. As much as I like Cruz, Eli will continue to throw without him. Let's be honest....Cruz had a GREAT 2011....his 2012 was good...not great.....
    I miss Red Hook!

Quote Originally Posted by Drystt View Post
    Teams must be lining up for his autograph.
    Yeah on a check so he can play for them.

Here's the question...
    Do you think Cruz is a #1 WR?
    If so then he could go. If not, he goes no where.

If a team drafts a WR in round #1, surely they expect that WR to be a #1 WR on the team. Who would draft a WR in round 1 to be there # 2?

So if Cruz is tendered a #1...

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    Here's the question...
    Do you think Cruz is a #1 WR?
    If so then he could go. If not, he goes no where.

If a team drafts a WR in round #1, surely they expect that WR to be a #1 WR on the team. Who would draft a WR in round 1 to be there # 2?

So if Cruz is tendered a #1...
    That's the multi-million dollar question right now. Has he hurt himself with some poor outings, and a high drop rate, to the point that no one will be willing to cough up a first round pick for him. If somebody really needs a WR, or they want to make a run for the Super Bowl this year, they might just do it. I don't think it's totally out of the question that he could be signed by somebody else. New England might sign him just out of their Giants envy complex they've got going on.

Either way the Giants win.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn1028 View Post
    I don't think the ones who believe the #1 pick far out weighs Cruz's talent is that in itself....I think it's more they don't wanna see Cruz hold Reese hostage. And I don't think that will happen. Randle didn't play great, but he wasn't a flop either....there is talent there. As much as I like Cruz, Eli will continue to throw without him. Let's be honest....Cruz had a GREAT 2011....his 2012 was good...not great.....

On the Giants' offense, who had a great year in 2012? Over two years Cruz is the #5 receiver. As for holding Reese hostage, how could Cruz do that as a RFA? Reese has all the leverage. Now, if a team were to offer Cruz a contract based on his two year performance and Reese decided Cruz isn't worth whatever the offer is Cruz leaves. That's how free agency works.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    On the Giants' offense, who had a great year in 2012? Over two years Cruz is the #5 receiver. As for holding Reese hostage, how could Cruz do that as a RFA? Reese has all the leverage. Now, if a team were to offer Cruz a contract based on his two year performance and Reese decided Cruz isn't worth whatever the offer is Cruz leaves. That's how free agency works.
    and assuming we do offer a first round tender (be pretty silly not to) we'd walk away with a first round pick as compensation. And while most first rounders are not worth a bonefide high end player like Cruz has proven himself to be, it's still pretty good value and nothing to sneer at.

Bench Player
    How long do we have to place the first round tender on him?

The Giants sit in the cat bird seat! Look, I love Victor, but after the hit in the Steeler game, WOW! His arms got sooooooo short, man. Think about it. 4th and 5 need to convert for an opportunity to kick a winning FG. Who do you want across the middle to pick it up? Cruz or Bolden, Welker,etc!!! He has made a spot for himself on this team just like Steve Smith did. Look what happened! I hope we keep him. Tender a first round and roll the dice! Go Giants!

Cruz still had a great year and to even think he could reproduce the numbers he had the year prior...without a healthy Nicks to alleviate some of the pressure is just ridiculous. The guy is probably one of the best slot receivers currently in the game and needs to get paid more than he is currently making. I am sure that it is a priority of Reese to lock him into a contract that benefits both sides wihtout crippling the Giants in the future or locking up other free agents they feel they need to sign. The thing is that if it comes down to it and the contract is not done in a certain time table they probably have set then they'll probably table it until after this season.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 03-09-2013 at 11:48 PM.