+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams lining up for Cruz

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I will just NEVER understand some of you people.... Do you watch the Giants? You would love to give up Cruz for a #1 pick? Are you high? Cruz is the oil that makes the offense run. Nicks is ALWAYS hurting with nagging injuries, Randle is somewhat still unproven, but I think he could fill Nicks spot. I honestly, truely can not fathem what some of you say on this board sometimes.

Cruz, Eli, JPP are all worth well more then just a lat first round pick, which is what the Giants would get.

If we lose Cruz, we might as well start rebioulding IMO. Cut Rolle, Webster, Snee, Tuck, anyone over 30.... Cause if Cruz leaves, we wont be able to replace him. We got EXTREMELY lucky he emerged after we lost Smith. Cruz IMO is a top 10, if not top 5 WR in this league with a HUGE impact on the offense.
    I am with you on not wanting to lose Cruz but I think we would adjust without him and there would not be a need to rebuild. I think Hakeem Nicks is our #1, he is so physical and really reminds me of Michael Irwin. However, I want us to keep both Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch842 View Post
    and assuming we do offer a first round tender (be pretty silly not to) we'd walk away with a first round pick as compensation. And while most first rounders are not worth a bonefide high end player like Cruz has proven himself to be, it's still pretty good value and nothing to sneer at.
    Perhaps, but you are giving up a guy who is very much in synch with Eli for a draft pick. Don't assume that draft pick will be a top flight receiver.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Perhaps, but you are giving up a guy who is very much in synch with Eli for a draft pick. Don't assume that draft pick will be a top flight receiver.
    I'm with you there Ro, but the economics of it will dictate what happens. Hopefully between the first round pick, and the super high contract it would take for the Giants to not match, I don't see him getting signed away as a huge possibility, in fact I think it's quite low. But Cruz is the poster child for the the type of player to be signed away as RFA, young, still has lots of upside, produced 2 years in a row, including last, as a focus of the defenses, so it is a realistic outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch842 View Post
    I'm with you there Ro, but the economics of it will dictate what happens. Hopefully between the first round pick, and the super high contract it would take for the Giants to not match, I don't see him getting signed away as a huge possibility, in fact I think it's quite low. But Cruz is the poster child for the the type of player to be signed away as RFA, young, still has lots of upside, produced 2 years in a row, including last, as a focus of the defenses, so it is a realistic outcome.
    Cruz is entitled to a realistic paycheck
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I think Cruz is still an enigma to a lot of the teams in the league. Is he the 1,500 yard 10 touchdown guy; or is he the guy who had some really poor games when Nicks was injured? Are the drops, the taking plays off, and the getting smacked up side the head by Amhad Bradshaw for not blocking questions weighing on people's minds? I think they are. He's had some big games, and gotten a lot of press for those games, so he's going to get attention; but is he going to get marquee receiver money? I don't know. I see him as a guy who could go to the wrong team and be a total flop. I think there are teams out there with that concern too. We can speculate all day long, but in the end it's about money vs risk; and I don't see Cruz as a slam dunk with a lot of the teams out there.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I think Cruz is still an enigma to a lot of the teams in the league. Is he the 1,500 yard 10 touchdown guy; or is he the guy who had some really poor games when Nicks was injured? Are the drops, the taking plays off, and the getting smacked up side the head by Amhad Bradshaw for not blocking questions weighing on people's minds? I think they are. He's had some big games, and gotten a lot of press for those games, so he's going to get attention; but is he going to get marquee receiver money? I don't know. I see him as a guy who could go to the wrong team and be a total flop. I think there are teams out there with that concern too. We can speculate all day long, but in the end it's about money vs risk; and I don't see Cruz as a slam dunk with a lot of the teams out there.
    Historically there's not many RFA tendered with a 1st round draft pick signed away by other teams, I can't remember when was the last time it happened. That been said I wonder why Cruz is without a tender ( practically a done deal ? ) .
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Historically there's not many RFA tendered with a 1st round draft pick signed away by other teams, I can't remember when was the last time it happened. That been said I wonder why Cruz is without a tender ( practically a done deal ? ) .
    I have to think there's two or three tenders coming out before Tuesday afternoon. It's like JR to wait until the last minute to keep other teams guessing. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one more signing done by Tuesday too. I have no idea who it will be; but I imagine they want to lock up one more position at least before free agency starts. I imagine that all the teams have a war room set up for the next couple days just to see who's available and what other teams are doing with thier FA and RFA. Some actions by other teams might effect what the Giants do with their own FA. With so may big name veterans being cut, there could be some guys looking for a team at reasonable prices for next season. This is shaping up to be a very interesting next few weeks. March Madness NFL style.

I don't like the idea of letting Cruz go...at all. Randle seems like another Toomer, Cruz is that guy that will get you out of jams with the quick slants, he's also good at kick returns.

I just don't get it, the guy has proven himself and people are still doubting him. The media really can brain wash people. If Cruz' contract was no longer up for debate, not many would be doubting him. It's like when I said we really need to get rid of Bradshaw this past season, people said I was a fool..then the second we do, people understood my reasoning.

You don't get rid of a player that has been consistent two years in a row, especially one that's in sync with Eli and if you do, you better be sure that his replacement can play up to par with what Cruz offered or better.

This years draft isn't rich with WR's, the free agency is out of the question because this is the worst year for FA. So if we can't offer Cruz a better contract, don't expect us to pursue anyone else like Wallace, etc from the FA.

Over the last two years, Cruz is the 5th leading receiver

# 80

I think Cruz battling with what was going on in his life and with the school shooting is partially to blame. Don't think these super stars are any different from us. He's not yet used to the fame, and needs to find a way to deal with it..and block out the media. He didn't have high expectations, and wasn't even sure if teams would have given him the chance.

+ Reply to Thread