+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I don't think there is any doubt as to how talented Victor Cruz is, the guy is a great WR. I think the big knock that folks have are the key drops this past season as well as the short arming for a number of games after the hit by Ryan Clarke which we lucked out with a penalty on because it was a legal hit. Granted, he is a slot reciever and takes more hits but when the discussion is about top tier money, short arming it and dropping game changing passes on more than one or two occassions is not going to cut it. We always harp on Hakeem Nicks playing hurt and how the coaches should let him heal, which I think they should but the guy is very physical and he doesn't short arm it. Hakeem is our #1 and that is where the top tier money is going to go, IMO.

I hope we keep Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks.

And yet a guy with all of those issues is the 5th leading receiver over two seasons. Maybe that's what other teams will cnosider
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I have to think there's two or three tenders coming out before Tuesday afternoon. It's like JR to wait until the last minute to keep other teams guessing. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one more signing done by Tuesday too. I have no idea who it will be; but I imagine they want to lock up one more position at least before free agency starts. I imagine that all the teams have a war room set up for the next couple days just to see who's available and what other teams are doing with thier FA and RFA. Some actions by other teams might effect what the Giants do with their own FA. With so may big name veterans being cut, there could be some guys looking for a team at reasonable prices for next season. This is shaping up to be a very interesting next few weeks. March Madness NFL style.
    Agree. Every year is the same, teams have top priorities to resign, some veterans go and others come to fill spots as top flight FA or to play a specific role on the team and last but not less important there's the draft where teams try to fill the last needs . As always a roller coaster ride from the start of FA to the end of NFL draft weekend.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And yet a guy with all of those issues is the 5th leading receiver over two seasons. Maybe that's what other teams will cnosider
    It will ultimately come down to what teams see on the tape and the conclusions they make from it. I imagine any franchise worth it's salt will invest a good chunk of hours analyzing every second of Cruz in the game if they are seriously considering giving a player a large contract and a 1st round pick to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    It will ultimately come down to what teams see on the tape and the conclusions they make from it. I imagine any franchise worth it's salt will invest a good chunk of hours analyzing every second of Cruz in the game if they are seriously considering giving a player a large contract and a 1st round pick to boot.
    I sure hope so
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Still no tender... The Giants must be trying hard to sign him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Still no tender... The Giants must be trying hard to sign him.
    Or Cruz doesn't want to budge from his figures

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Or Cruz doesn't want to budge from his figures
    Which would still mean they're trying. Had the Giants conceded defeat, they'd have tendered him by now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Which would still mean they're trying. Had the Giants conceded defeat, they'd have tendered him by now.
    Have other teams handed out tenders yet?

If they did get Cruz to a long term contract before Tuesday (which I personally doubt happens), the current disagreement I'm sure would be over the signing bonus and the base salary for the 2013 season since we know the Giants have to be frugal with the cap space they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Have other teams handed out tenders yet?
    Clady received his tender from the Broncos a week ago. Sure others have them too but none that I can think off the top of my head.

Edit: Nope sorry was the franchise tag. Henry Melton was the one I was thinking of. Actually, he was franchised (media keeps saying tendered for some reason). Just a bunch of low level tenders so far.
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 03-10-2013 at 05:10 PM.