+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams lining up for Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    I second this, Wallace was the closest to ever get play last year and it wasn't that close. I've heard more teams are interested in Cruz then last year with Wallace.
    What teams are lining up to give up a 1st and pay Cruz?

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What does that mean?
    Basically the way I understand it is that some around the league/media think there is a wink wink deal between teams not to mess with each others RFAs. In the current climate with crazy cap rich teams and spending floors, that if anyone would create interest it would be Victor Cruz. Otherwise, it would be proof of a hush hush deal between teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He came on yesterday and explained how because Cruz is likely to be tendered, with a first rounder..it is HIGHLY unlikely teams will give up their first and a huge contract for Cruz. We have nothing to worry about this year. NEXT year is the tricky situation.
    I agree with this, and my opinion is just that I'd rather get something for him this year then lose out on him next year for nothing. I understand both sides, I just know the GMen won't be able to spend big money on Nicks and Cruz, which also....sucks haha.

I'm just thinking long term.

And if the receivers suck how does that affect the QB?
    Deion Branch says Hi

He came on yesterday and explained how because Cruz is likely to be tendered, with a first rounder..it is HIGHLY unlikely teams will give up their first and a huge contract for Cruz. We have nothing to worry about this year. NEXT year is the tricky situation.
    By the time Cruz is UFA, Reese will sign him long term
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I will just NEVER understand some of you people.... Do you watch the Giants? You would love to give up Cruz for a #1 pick? Are you high? Cruz is the oil that makes the offense run. Nicks is ALWAYS hurting with nagging injuries, Randle is somewhat still unproven, but I think he could fill Nicks spot. I honestly, truely can not fathem what some of you say on this board sometimes.

Cruz, Eli, JPP are all worth well more then just a lat first round pick, which is what the Giants would get.

If we lose Cruz, we might as well start rebioulding IMO. Cut Rolle, Webster, Snee, Tuck, anyone over 30.... Cause if Cruz leaves, we wont be able to replace him. We got EXTREMELY lucky he emerged after we lost Smith. Cruz IMO is a top 10, if not top 5 WR in this league with a HUGE impact on the offense.
    I totally agree with you 100%!!! now im not saying to break the bank on him but give Cruz a great offer. Stop me if i'm not right but the 2011 superbowl run......would it have had happened without Cruz? think about it how many games he saved for us. Cruz is worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Basically the way I understand it is that some around the league/media think there is a wink wink deal between teams not to mess with each others RFAs. In the current climate with crazy cap rich teams and spending floors, that if anyone would create interest it would be Victor Cruz. Otherwise, it would be proof of a hush hush deal between teams.
    Well we know the Patriots don't play that game = Ballard
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    I agree with this, and my opinion is just that I'd rather get something for him this year then lose out on him next year for nothing. I understand both sides, I just know the GMen won't be able to spend big money on Nicks and Cruz, which also....sucks haha.

I'm just thinking long term.
    The cap space for the Giants actually looks great for us in 2014. We should be able to resign a lot of our guys that offseason.

And if the receivers suck how does that affect the QB?
    You play like the NY Jets

Giants fan since the early 80s

What teams are lining up to give up a 1st and pay Cruz?
    I've heard the Rams make the most sense, but again, no team can publicly claim they're interested until FA starts.

+ Reply to Thread