+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 275
  1. #51
    Starter DaFrenchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    103
    I would be piss if we lost him now but ...
    I prefer gain a 1st round pick than receive nothing if we can't resign him next year

  2. #52
    Starter PBTimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Penn
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    The Rams have way too many holes to just give up a 1st round pick and a boat load of cash to go RFA shopping. Their whole offense could arguably be upgraded and it's not going to matter much if they have Cruz when Bradford is just getting pummeled because his Oline stinks. They'll probably pick up Kenny Vaccaro and then a WR with the 2nd selection. They might be in position to look for OT help in FA.
    Hit the nail on the head!

    We are in a situation where we need to keep our productive players. Cruz is a must have for NYG. We don't need a whole bunch of draft picks to build a team that is already built. Not to mention most 1st year players don't see a lot of game time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

  3. #53
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,371
    So then trade their other 1st round pick to the worst team in the league because he is going to be the first pick next year.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFrenchy View Post
    I would be piss if we lost him now but ...
    I prefer gain a 1st round pick than receive nothing if we can't resign him next year
    THIS! No one wants to see him go. But if he leaves next year we get nothing. This year if he gets an offer, we get a 1st round pick. All speculation now, but if it happened I wouldn't be mad.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    So then trade their other 1st round pick to the worst team in the league because he is going to be the first pick next year.
    Yeah but he's worth it. I'd rather keep what we know we have in Cruz but if some team really wants to offer a large contract that is too rich for our tastes AND a 1st round pick, we could put ourselves into a good position next year to try and trade up for him. He's about the closest thing to LT coming out of college I've seen all these years.

  6. #56
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1925 Giants Drive
    Posts
    14,955
    Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    Have read numerous articles that teams are supposedly lining up to make Cruz an offer once FA starts. Public knowledge indicates the GMen will put a first round tender on him so if a team makes him an offer we don't match. We get their 1st round pick. Because the Rams have 2 first round draft picks, I've been hearing they very well use one of those picks to make Cruz a substantial long term offer.

    Obviously tampering allegations would be enforced if a team publicly expressed the interest to make an offer to an RFA prior to the FA period, so this all could be a smoke screen being produced by Cruz's agent to create some urgency from the Giants FO, so no one really knows. But the past 2 days I've been hearing more and more of this.

    Personally, I would love to give Cruz up for a 1st round pick. He's 26 years old, we have Nicks and Randle is looking to break out this year. We could lock down a stud OL and LB/CB with 2 picks in the first round, get considerably younger and have more cap space to sign Nicks to a long term deal. If Cruz does indeed leave for a 1st round pick, 3 picks within the first 2 rounds would do wonders for us. Just my opinion, but with Eli at the helm, he makes everyone around him better. And with a beast, young OL and running game, Eli will have even more time to pick apart defenses. And if Cruz leaves, I can't see him having the success he has had in NY elsewhere....because of Eli.
    Draft picks are a crap shoot. You realize that don't you?

    And do you think for a second that Cruz has had anything to do with Eli's recent success?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    I love Cruz too, but he's not a top 5 receiver dude! Explosive one minute.....making a killer drop the next.
    Top Tier WR's don't do that!!
    I would love to keep him, but not if it means mortgaging the ranch. IMO, keeping Bennett is more important than keeping
    Cruz
    Finally, someone with a grasp on reality! Thinking Cruz is a top 5 WR is delusional. I'd take a number 1 pick for Cruz and give JJ the chance to prove himself.

  8. #58
    Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I will just NEVER understand some of you people.... Do you watch the Giants? You would love to give up Cruz for a #1 pick? Are you high? Cruz is the oil that makes the offense run. Nicks is ALWAYS hurting with nagging injuries, Randle is somewhat still unproven, but I think he could fill Nicks spot. I honestly, truely can not fathem what some of you say on this board sometimes.

    Cruz, Eli, JPP are all worth well more then just a lat first round pick, which is what the Giants would get.

    If we lose Cruz, we might as well start rebioulding IMO. Cut Rolle, Webster, Snee, Tuck, anyone over 30.... Cause if Cruz leaves, we wont be able to replace him. We got EXTREMELY lucky he emerged after we lost Smith. Cruz IMO is a top 10, if not top 5 WR in this league with a HUGE impact on the offense.
    Absolutely. Just unthinkable to lose him because you do not understand his full value.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I see this as win/win for the Giants. Either a first round pick or one more year of Cruz on the cheap. Either way we win...
    You nailed it!

  10. #60
    Veteran ibbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton Canada
    Posts
    2,211
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Right, because we all know Cruz has no talent.
    Sorry dont get me wrong this kid has a lot of talent not sure we have seen it all yet. If he has Gabbert Sanchez or that guy who ever he is in Clev throwing to him it would be very difficult putting up the same numbers as when Eli is his QB
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts