+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Right, because we all know Cruz has no talent.
    Also, this idea that an NFL player has to be in NY to get endorsements is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Sorry dont get me wrong this kid has a lot of talent not sure we have seen it all yet. If he has Gabbert Sanchez or that guy who ever he is in Clev throwing to him it would be very difficult putting up the same numbers as when Eli is his QB
    Why is that? If he were playing with Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Quite frankly.....even with the 1st round pick, I'd be ******* pissed. Cruz is a rags to riches, bonafide hometown hero.....and Eli's saftey net. You don't let just let a guy like that walk.
    I think that we have the right to match any offer from another team though, so we really have all of the leverage here. I doubt that Cruz gets a single offer.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Also, this idea that an NFL player has to be in NY to get endorsements is silly.
    There seems to be this need to divorce ourselves from former players or players who look to FA as though they have personally wronged us. They become talentless hacks who could be replaced by anyone.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Quite frankly.....even with the 1st round pick, I'd be ******* pissed. Cruz is a rags to riches, bonafide hometown hero.....and Eli's saftey net. You don't let just let a guy like that walk.
    Absolutely! Especially if you trade Cruz for another "not-NFL-ready" 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    Absolutely! Especially if you trade Cruz for another "not-NFL-ready" 1st round pick.
    But Eli has magic and can make anyone better!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You're just upset because now you may have to change the wedding venue

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    unless u can sign Welker

:ducks:

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Sorry I forgot about that! Eli made a Pro Bowler out of Sincorice Moss!

Bench Player
    It is not a question of whether the Giants WANT to keep Cruz, of course they do. The team simply can't afford to keep him at the numbers he wants without dismantling a big piece of the team to do it. The front office knows what they have at QB, they know Eli can be successful with a variety of receivers, he has proven it throughout his career. Cruz is a great player no doubt but you dont dismantle your team and build around him. It's a good point about endorsements, Victor will get them anywhere, I would argue NY is the best place to be for his fashion label but I am no fashion expert. Anyways none of this talk is about whether Cruz is a good player, he is, Do you take an axe to the roster to keep him? I wouldn't. Hartline just got a 5 years 30 million dollar deal, Cruz will want more (he is a better player). I don't see how we keep Cruz and Nicks, Nicks is the younger player who can handle the physical contact better to me if you can only afford 1 of them it has to be Nicks.