Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    ​Hi
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    unless u can sign Welker

:ducks:
    Ha Ha! Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    Absolutely! Especially if you trade Cruz for another "not-NFL-ready" 1st round pick.
    And especially since after the first 6 picks you don't get elite production like you do with Cruz. How many first round picks after the 6th overall selection has made a 1000 yards recently? I can only think of Nicks and Dez. If we only get one first round pick on Cruz, it's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by rtlax View Post
    It is not a question of whether the Giants WANT to keep Cruz, of course they do. The team simply can't afford to keep him at the numbers he wants without dismantling a big piece of the team to do it. The front office knows what they have at QB, they know Eli can be successful with a variety of receivers, he has proven it throughout his career. Cruz is a great player no doubt but you dont dismantle your team and build around him. It's a good point about endorsements, Victor will get them anywhere, I would argue NY is the best place to be for his fashion label but I am no fashion expert. Anyways none of this talk is about whether Cruz is a good player, he is, Do you take an axe to the roster to keep him? I wouldn't. Hartline just got a 5 years 30 million dollar deal, Cruz will want more (he is a better player). I don't see how we keep Cruz and Nicks, Nicks is the younger player who can handle the physical contact better to me if you can only afford 1 of them it has to be Nicks.
    What is the # Cruz is asking for??
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You're just upset because now you may have to change the wedding venue
    You have no idea
    Uh..go Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You have no idea
    Just the color issue alone......
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What is the # Cruz is asking for??
    Haha I don't think any of us will know for sure until he gets an offer from outside the NYG since the Giants nor Cruz's camp are saying anything. I think it is safe to assume he want more than Hartline though.

Bench Player
    A ton of wideouts have exceeded 1k yards in a season recently picked after the 6th pick. More so than receivers picked 1-6.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    3rd or 9th overall for Cruz? That would be huge but I doubt it would ever happen.
    rams have two first round picks. The first one being at 16. The second one at 23. If they were the ones with the highest offer sheet they would have to give us the higher of the two picks or no?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by rtlax View Post
    Haha I don't think any of us will know for sure until he gets an offer from outside the NYG since the Giants nor Cruz's camp are saying anything. I think it is safe to assume he want more than Hartline though.
    Here's why I ask. John Mara said "too high, right now." So was it too high because of the CAP, too high as in not worth it, too high as in we won't pay that? I honestly believe if Cruz is tendered, which seem probable, they will come to a long term deal during the 2013 season.