+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giant Priorities for the Free Agent Market

Giant Priorities for the Free Agent Market

I wonder who the under the radar TE is? Makes me think that Eifert is not on our radar. Hope it's Travis Kelce

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...e-agent-market

Banned
    TE is the LB on offense. Reese doesn't care about it. If he could start a high schooler for free he would. We're not making a splash in free agency but I could see us getting Glenn Dorsey from KC or Sammie Hill from the Lions for DT depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    TE is the LB on offense. Reese doesn't care about it. If he could start a high schooler for free he would. We're not making a splash in free agency but I could see us getting Glenn Dorsey from KC or Sammie Hill from the Lions for DT depth.
    Agreed, the TE spoken of is someone in the draft, which is the route we would go for that position.

TE,RT, Interior Line low cost spots where u can find the most bang for your buck

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    TE,RT, Interior Line low cost spots where u can find the most bang for your buck
    We need a RT for sure, and if we don't keep Boothe, we then need a RG. AND we need quality depth because Snee can't be here much longer and then there's Diehl.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We need a RT for sure, and if we don't keep Boothe, we then need a RG. AND we need quality depth because Snee can't be here much longer and then there's Diehl.
    Diehl will be gone in the next few days. There is no way they can keep him at his current salary. They may resign him at a lower price, but no way at $4mil+.

I really want Warmack, but we seem to value athleticism in our guards more than brute strength/power.

These are like the most obvious moves. I'm glad the NYTimes has some sense.

I just hope we can get all of our top guys re-signed/tendered (Phillips, Brown, Cruz, Bennett, Boothe), a DT, and then our draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I can see why a team that runs a 4-3 that spends less than 20% of the snaps in base would devalue the LB position but I don't get the unwillingness to seriously invest in TEs. For a team that is a passing team that wants to be a running team having versatile TEs on the field keeps the playbook wide open compared to exra WR on the field. They may not have the speed but with size they provide the mismatches everyone desires.

I also believe that we have the best TE coach in history and he could do wonders with 2 or 3 seriously athletic TEs and KG adding more 12 personell packages.

+ Reply to Thread