+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What IF scenario for FA

What IF scenario for FA

What if we are able to re-sign Boothe AND sign Eric Winston for RT? I would love to re-sign Bennett, but I just think it will cost too much.....its time to see what Robinson can do. If we could get both of these Olinemen locked up, maybe that frees up a draft selection for something else like defense, or at least make us select a later round Oline with the emphasis being on the earlier rounds being defenders.

That would make me feel a lot better about our Oline, but I still wouldn't mind using an early pick for the future of our Oline.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

We will not be able to afford Winston. Where do think we are going to get the cap space to sign him? We are around 10 million under the cap after Webster's paycut and Baas's restructuring. We are going to need ~5 million for our rookies and ~7 million for our tenders. Even if Diehl, Snee and Rolle take a paycut, we wont have anywhere near enough money to make a splash.

And at 19, I doubt there is a OT worth drafting. We have to focus on drafting positions that are valuable, and taking a RT or G in the first doesnt make much sense from a salary perspective. I expect a DE, LB, or DT to be drafted int he first.

Quote Originally Posted by speed3freak View Post
    We will not be able to afford Winston. Where do think we are going to get the cap space to sign him? We are around 10 million under the cap after Webster's paycut and Baas's restructuring. We are going to need ~5 million for our rookies and ~7 million for our tenders. Even if Diehl, Snee and Rolle take a paycut, we wont have anywhere near enough money to make a splash.

And at 19, I doubt there is a OT worth drafting. We have to focus on drafting positions that are valuable, and taking a RT or G in the first doesnt make much sense from a salary perspective. I expect a DE, LB, or DT to be drafted int he first.
    .....or CB, Webster is leaving after next season.

+ Reply to Thread