+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I'd be good with Richardson or Trufant..
    Heard that, right with you brosky

My buddy who has a close contact with the GMen's ownership said they're very much for Xavier Rhodes but do not think he will fall to 19. After that, drawing high interest in Jonathan Hankins...which I don't understand all that much. Disappointing combine and junior year.

Veteran
    a lot of mock drafts have us taking Tyler Eifert TE. If we draft him in the first round I'll be pissed

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    My buddy who has a close contact with the GMen's ownership said they're very much for Xavier Rhodes but do not think he will fall to 19. After that, drawing high interest in Jonathan Hankins...which I don't understand all that much. Disappointing combine and junior year.
    Maybe Hankins as a 2nd round faller but the Giants do seem to let their current DTs go in favor of the previous rookie they drafted. Cofield was let go in favor of Joseph and the same could potentially happen once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    a lot of mock drafts have us taking Tyler Eifert TE. If we draft him in the first round I'll be pissed
    unless JR thinks Eifert is the next Gronk, I see no chance of a TE in th 1st..

Given the situation with Lotulelei, Richardson is the second best available DT in the draft. I would be fine with that pick.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
    Given the situation with Lotulelei, Richardson is the second best available DT in the draft. I would be fine with that pick.
    But we already have a DT his name is Marvin Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    But we already have a DT his name is Marvin Austin
    William Joseph 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Passing over Alec Olgetree, Desmond Trufant, Mingo, Datone Jones, alex Olkfor, Fluker and Tavon Austin.. who all go AFTER we pick. WHo did they say we will select? DT Sheldon Richardson out of Missouri
    Out of the list you posted, I would be ok with Richardson at 19. I may be leaning a little more towards CB, so I may put Trufant ahead of him on my wish list. I may go with Mingo as a 3rd choice. I like Floyd, but Im guessing he was already gone in CBS's mock.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

I hope the Giants draft Standford's TE honestly. This guy will be another Jason Whitten but faster. He is projected second round but if we can get a guy who can block and run routes like Whitten we can address the line and other positions elsewhere.