+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Exclamation sheldon richardson vs desmond trufant respnd quick please

    im doind a mock hope to post in a hour i want some opinions quick

  2. #2
    Trufant
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

  3. #3
    Neither lol

    Want Ansah, Rhodes, Ogletree, or Warmack

  4. #4
    All-Pro tonyt830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    7,248
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    im doind a mock hope to post in a hour i want some opinions quick
    I might go with Trufant over Richardson
    "Why did it take us three years to figure out Jerel Jernigan can play?" John Mara

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Neither lol

    Want Ansah, Rhodes, Ogletree, or Warmack
    The Giants defense is predicated on the defensive line then the secondary. The main reason they stopped Tom Brady's offense in 2007, the highest scoring offense of all time was because the defensive line hit him all night long. And you want a drunk linebacker over Sheldon Richardson?

    Besides that you also need a decent secondary. I'm sure we've seen the war crimes committed by Corey Webster and you want a drunk LB over the better CBs in the draft?

  6. #6
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    The Giants defense is predicated on the defensive line then the secondary. The main reason they stopped Tom Brady's offense in 2007, the highest scoring offense of all time was because the defensive line hit him all night long. And you want a drunk linebacker over Sheldon Richardson?

    Besides that you also need a decent secondary. I'm sure we've seen the war crimes committed by Corey Webster and you want a drunk LB over the better CBs in the draft?
    I am not too sure why everybody undervalues LB so much especially with the spread O and Qb's that can run a la RG111. You absolutey need LB's that can stop the run, cover and go sideline to sideline. we have none of that. not having Lb's last year was a big reason they could not stop the run. run after run up the middle and our LB's looked like pop warner kids. we need LB's...now I am not saying ogeltree or anybody specific, but to belittle there importance just makes no sense especially with the spread offense as mentioned.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I am not too sure why everybody undervalues LB so much especially with the spread O and Qb's that can run a la RG111. You absolutey need LB's that can stop the run, cover and go sideline to sideline. we have none of that. not having Lb's last year was a big reason they could not stop the run. run after run up the middle and our LB's looked like pop warner kids. we need LB's...now I am not saying ogeltree or anybody specific, but to belittle there importance just makes no sense especially with the spread offense as mentioned.
    I don't think it is a matter of people undervaluing LBs, I think it has more to do with the lack of LBs out there that can play all 3 or 4 downs. I admit I haven't been following the LB crop this year, but to find a run stopping LB who is also not a liability in pass defense is rare.

  8. #8
    All-Pro Eli TO Shockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,778
    Ansah Ansah Ansah!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I don't think it is a matter of people undervaluing LBs, I think it has more to do with the lack of LBs out there that can play all 3 or 4 downs. I admit I haven't been following the LB crop this year, but to find a run stopping LB who is also not a liability in pass defense is rare.
    That's pretty much how I see it. Finding a top flight 4-3 LB is hard to do these days with the amount of space that is required for them to be responsible for. That's why you will see people say certain things like "He might have to go to a 3-4 team" because they aren't convinced of a prospect's ability to man the middle in a 4 man front with today's threats in TEs and slot receivers. We can probably find some decent ones in the middle rounds but Reese has been going after the wrong guys with the exception of JWill.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

    1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    That's pretty much how I see it. Finding a top flight 4-3 LB is hard to do these days with the amount of space that is required for them to be responsible for. That's why you will see people say certain things like "He might have to go to a 3-4 team" because they aren't convinced of a prospect's ability to man the middle in a 4 man front with today's threats in TEs and slot receivers. We can probably find some decent ones in the middle rounds but Reese has been going after the wrong guys with the exception of JWill.
    Thats the thing its easier to find corners and safeties who can tackle then it is to find 3 LB's that can cover, play zone tackle as a team. The best team against the spread in CFB over the last decade is TCU and they play a 4-2-5 base Less LB's
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-10-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts