+ Reply to Thread

Desmond Trufant...

When is this kid projected to go? His brother in Seattle is great. Not sure about his other brother, think hes with the Jets. He looks good, and we can use another corner. Is he a top corner in this draft or may he be an option for us?
    Last edited by StrahanSoup92; 03-08-2013 at 06:22 AM.

He's the 3rd rated corner right now and is projected around the mid twenties. That means nothing though....He could go anywhere depending on how teams feel he fits their scheme. Rankings change all the time and they'll continue to after players complete their pro days. I have him currently going to Colts 24th overall.

if seen him mocked as low (T.B) in the the 1st, all the way to the 2nd round..

I'm a big fan.. Trufant is my horse

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    He's the 3rd rated corner right now and is projected around the mid twenties. That means nothing though....He could go anywhere depending on how teams feel he fits their scheme. Rankings change all the time and they'll continue to after players complete their pro days. I have him currently going to Colts 24th overall.
    Thats why these rankings for the most part are pointless. They group players that dont fit together like pass rushing LB's and non pass rushing LB's.

Banned
    Yes he's a good option at 19.

he will not make it to 19, but if he did fall that far, IDK. He would be a nice pickup to replace C-Web in the future, but we could find his successor in a later round.

Not for what the giants do with their corners, or have been doing with their corners as off late. Trufant albiet skilled and a talent, is impressive at press coverage but his coverage in zone is less that desireable, Not overall bad but for the emergance of the mobile pistol offense / whatever Chip Kelly is going to implement transitioning from orgeon to the pros you need someone that is smarter, read and ract insitnctual quickness and faster to the ball.

I like the kid a lot. He is super competitive. He can press well but might need some technique tweaking on it. He can recover very well with his great quickness and sub 4.4 speed. He is a good tackler, I have mocked him to us a few times and I think Prince and him would be a great CB combo. Having good CBs will also help out our whole offense a ton. Just like if we fix our pass rush it will help our CBs... if we get a good CB a solid pass rusher and maybe fix LBs in FA our D would look so much better that it is not even funny.

I like him but would prefer Rhodes.

I'd like someone big and strong that can compliment Prince. Rhodes being able to play safety is great to. I love those versatile players that can play an extra position in a pinch.