+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

D JAX anyone?

I know most of you dont like his attitude but i think Nicks,Cruz and D Jax at line would be a very scary match up. Mario is a FA this year and i doubt he comes back. Just think what defenses would have to put up with every game who do they put the safety over?

Re: D JAX anyone?

I'll pass.

But if we did sign him...how can you argue against it?

Bench Player

No because the money he will demand and the Eagles will most likely want a 1st and 3rd for him since he is a restricted free agent.

Veteran

Its always hard to look the other way when someone is as talented as D Jackson, but the truth is he has proven over and over and over that he just doesn't get it. This is a guy who has started celebrating THREE times in his career before getting into the end zone -dropping the football on the playing field - THREE times. Against the giants this year he had a costly PF for taunting - he has squabbled about contract and more with Reid. A ton of talent which someone will benefit from - but a headache as well.

With cruz and nicks being young there is no point to this move - use cap space to fill need in FA (LB AND OLINE) dont waste money on an otherwise already strong position.

All of your points make sense. I just wouldnt mind seeing him in blue for the right price. Who knows maybe he does it to spite philly

Veteran

Because we need to have the #1 receiving corp in number of dropped passes?

One word... NO
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anyone who says they wouldn't want DJax on this team is just plain stubborn. Dude's one of the best playmakers in the league and can be a game changer. Imagine Djax and Nicks on the outside drawing double coverage with Cruz in the slot!! Cruz would have 2000 yards in a season! It would definitely be an improvement over manningham.

Veteran

[quote user="BigBlue121"]I know most of you dont like his attitude but i think Nicks,Cruz and D Jax at line would be a very scary match up. Mario is a FA this year and i doubt he comes back. Just think what defenses would have to put up with every game who do they put the safety over?
    [/quote]

Whoever gives DJax a big long term deal will regret it, mark my words. I hope it is Philly.

Veteran

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="BigBlue121"]I know most of you dont like his attitude but i think Nicks,Cruz and D Jax at line would be a very scary match up. Mario is a FA this year and i doubt he comes back. Just think what defenses would have to put up with every game who do they put the safety over?
    [/quote]

Whoever gives DJax a big long term deal will regret it, mark my words. I hope it is Philly.[/quote]

I agree with you but for the right price he is a huge upgrade over manningham.