+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Visiting my wife's family in Dallas and saw Romo with his swollen hand last night....

Saw Mission Impossible last night and while walkin out of the movie we saw Romo ducking out with his girlfriend and some buddies. He stayed low key pretty well wearing sweats and his hat low but my brother in law recognized him right away while he was walking out right next to him. We decided not to be douch e bags by harrassing him but I did take a good look at his hand and it definitely was swollen. Supringly he wasn't wearing a cast but probably on purpose to not stand out. Judging by the swollen hand I can't see how he stands any chance of throwing accurately with it. Most radios down here are already writing this game off.

Veteran

Re: Visiting my wife's family in Dallas and saw Romo with his swollen hand last night....

JPP just needs to get one good slap on that hand and Romo will be done for the game.

Re: Visiting my wife's family in Dallas and saw Romo with his swollen hand last night....

Supposedly, the swelling went down BIG TIME, but I have no doubt Romo will play. He played with broken ribs earlier in the year, so a swollen hand won't keep him out.

Oh he already said he fully plans on playing but trust me, I saw his hand from about 10 feet away just last night and it was just as swollen as it was when they showed it on tv during the game.

I suspect the medical staff in Dallas will let it heal naturally with ice for a while, then give him drugs and drainings until game time.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="Zaggs"]JPP just needs to get one good slap on that hand and Romo will be done for the game.
    [/quote]

Sounds good in theory but Sunday is a long way from today. That swelling will probably go down by then. This game will be a thriller and come down to the last minute IMO.

What we do have going for us is Eli thrives in high pressure moments while Romo has a knack for blowing it.

[quote user="Overdrive92"]Supposedly, the swelling went down BIG TIME, but I have no doubt Romo will play. He played with broken ribs earlier in the year, so a swollen hand won't keep him out.[/quote]

you dont hold the precious with your ribs

Veteran

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="Overdrive92"]Supposedly, the swelling went down BIG TIME, but I have no doubt Romo will play. He played with broken ribs earlier in the year, so a swollen hand won't keep him out.[/quote]

you dont hold the precious with your ribs

[/quote]

this^

broken ribs means nothing to these guys with some tight tape, a rib jacket and just protecting yourself from any devastating hits in the pocket, but the throwing hand is different.

if its a hematoma then thats not healing manually in a week they need to drain the site there's alot of built up plasma and blood in there, even after draining there's going to be bruising, discoloration and discomfort google it hand hematoma. hes going to have to take anti inflammatory and antibiotics. he's not going to be 100% by game time even with them pushing it back.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

of course this will be their excuse for losing.
    instead of admitting that we school-yarded them and stole their lunch money.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

How about his swollen head?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells