+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

giants sign cullen jenkins Thoughts?Where should Defensive tackle be taken in draft?

giants sign cullen jenkins Thoughts?Where should Defensive tackle be taken in draft?

obviously Jenkins is older coming in off a unproductive season, so it shoulden't be completely forgotten about, but it gives us a chance to look at other positons in the draft for immediete help, as we got a stop gap at DT now..

If we can get Kawaan short in the 2nd, i'd be stoked. I think he can give Linval some breathers, good against run and can penetrate...Can even block extra points on special teams.

I am beginning to see the edges of the offseason plan come together.

I no longer think we go DT in the 1st, unless someone amazing drops to us.

I do think CB and Oline, which were always possibilities, are beginning to creep higher and higher as possibilities.

We simply cannot expect to make the playoffs without improved play at either/ both of those areas.

Gives us 2 good starters. with a couple young guys for depth. Kuhn looked like a good player but austin is still a ?

I think they still need a DT int he draft but not in the first round.

Also, they use the NASCAR package so much that another DT isnt as important as another DE.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't draft a DT. Give them one more season to try to develop Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't draft a DT. Give them one more season to try to develop Austin.
    Also give em a chance to see what they got in Markus Kuhn, who i think there kinda high on...

I also wouldn't be surprised if they took one in the first. It still looks like a need in the future, but Cullen helps alleviate some things.

If lotulelei, Floyd, or Richardson fall and are available at 19 the giants would have to seriously consider but otherwise I'd probably like to go after a different position in the first few rounds.

In My H O we will not need to go there now